Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,084 times

Advertisements

In the past few years I've lost more than 60 lbs and have finally gotten back into my size 38 jeans. I used to be in a men's 48 waist. So I know firsthand the difficulties of eating and all the diets out there. I'm still working on losing more weight.

My question: when people you know go on a diet, is there anything that absolutely annoys you? I ask because I have a co-worker who talks about his diet five times a day...carries his water bottle around and makes smart remarks about having chocolate on my desk (a bowl for people to take a piece or three). He's lost weight, is looking healthy but annoys me to no end with his diet talk. I want to encourage the guy by being supportive but I'm ready to smack him upside the back of his head!

Your thoughts? And input on how I can maturely deal with this coworker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 09:11 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnycakes View Post

Next morning:

Q: "Hey Joe... you've lost so much weight, have you started to think about getting new pants yet, or are you going for the suspenders in case you gain it all back?"
A: "F-U".

Disclaimer: People skills are not my forte, and I'm the guy that gets called in whenever we're likely to have a confrontational meeting with a client or supplier. So buyer beware when taking this kind of advice from me!

thanks for the ideas. And your above comment is absolutely hilarious! People looked at me when I began laughing. What is the funniest is that is his favorite catch phrase to use! So quite appropriate for the post. Thanks!!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:43 PM

660 posts, read 2,440,876 times
i remember when me and my friends passed by this fitness gym and it had one of those big windows where the people working out could see out on the street me and my friend went to the window and started eating a whole bunch of junkfood in front of them and making faces while we was eating like it was the best thing we ever ate
it was mean but it was still funny

Old 02-15-2007, 01:04 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times
hoosier67
first congrats on the weight loss !!!!
now being the "evil" person that I am here is my suggestion .
do you have someone at work that will "play" along.
once you have secured this person the 2 of you need to be having the following conversation close enough to (lets keep calling him) JOe

You : you know Harvey I have been thinking about stopping my diet

Harvey: why would you do that your doing such a great job

You: well I am worried, I really enjoy my life and love to talk about all the fun things I do places, I go people I meet, but it seems that if you are on a diet for a long time it must trigger some chemical in your brain that blocks out all the fun things and all you can talk about it dieting.

Harvey : I never thought about it but I think you have a point, look at ex-smokers they have the same symptoms.

You : see it wasn't just in my mind.

Harvey : lets go ask herman (who sits next to joe) if he has noticed this strange behavoir
oh yeah can I have a piece of that candy you so generously provide for our enjoyment!!!

karla

Old 02-23-2007, 05:02 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
I had a co-worker who would eat 1/2 of a Hershey's miniature, and leave the other 1/2 sitting on her desk. I don't care what kind of a diet you are on, NOBODY can eat 1/2 of a Hersey's miniature.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I had a co-worker who would eat 1/2 of a Hershey's miniature, and leave the other 1/2 sitting on her desk. I don't care what kind of a diet you are on, NOBODY can eat 1/2 of a Hersey's miniature.
That's like trying to eat a half of a Krispy Kreme donut-I look around and say "where'd it GO?"
When I was young, I had a friend who would walk around all the time saying "I'm SO fat" She really didn't think she was, she was just fishing for a compliment. My sister told me to tell her, 'Oh, Wanda, you're not THAT fat!"
I have never had the nerve to say that to anyone, but it's always been in my 'arsenal'!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss