Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 02:12 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,277,733 times

Advertisements

"Are people really born with fast or slow metabolisms?
“Metabolic rates vary based on genetics,” he says. “It’s kind of like your fingerprint.” However, that doesn’t mean that metabolic rates are set in stone. Just like other genetic predispositions, they can be affected by making certain lifestyle choices, such as eating well and developing more muscle mass. The more muscle mass one has, the higher the metabolic rate. Villacorta likens muscles to bundles of cells that are “like engines creating energy.” He says that metabolic functions can increase by fifty calories for every pound of muscle gained."

Taking the Mystery out of Metabolisms

Just an article to share with you guys. Get lifting if you are a softy! Everything will come off easier and look better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:24 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,459,475 times
Most people who are overweight don't realize how much they are eating!

I have to basically eat grass to lose weight. The body does not need that much food.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:23 PM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Good posts! This is why weights are REALLY good while trying to lose weight etc.

Yep, men AND women...hit the weights...muscle is the gift that keeps on giving to your diet even when you are parked on the couch.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,277,733 times
I think weights are nice if you have a lot to lose and are not comfortable being out and about walking around. You can always find cheap used weights and its something you can do while watching TV.
I have to be careful myself because I put on muscle rather easily now at a weight where its shows too much for what I like to see. But it also would cut the snacking time down while watching TV too.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:04 PM

625 posts, read 1,587,195 times
Pleeze...no don't take it from me....pleeze...It's the last good excuse. There'll be nothing left; can't say big boned, can't blame it on small clothes, it's not the carbs, it's not the job, it's gotta be the metabolism. Pleeze I need something to blame besides excessive food and laziness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss