Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,526,509 times

Advertisements

Anyone heard of Fullbars? I bought six on ebay (one of each flavor) before I bought a bunch from the company to see if they worked and more important.....if I liked the taste.

The flavors are peanut butter, cocoa chip, cranberry almond, caramel apple, fresh berry and lemon bliss. I really liked them all. The lemon bliss sort of taste like Sprite. The cocoa chip taste like a cocoa cereal bar and the cranberry has a nice cinnamon flavor. And they have a spongy consistency which is kind of strange at first but I got used to it real quick.

Do they work? Yep, tonight for instance I went to my favorite sushi bar and I normally can eat 3 sushi rolls (24 pieces in all). I ate a Fullbar and drank a glass of water on my way to the restaurant. By the time I got there, I wasn't starving and barely got down 2 sushi rolls before I was ready to pop. I really could have eaten just 1 sushi roll and possibly a small salad comfortably. Some people have been using them as meal replacements but for those with larger appetites (like me), they are intended to be used as a meal reducer. They make you feel fuller with less food.

Here is a blurb from their website:

Each FullBar has just 180 calories or less, which is fewer calories than in a cup of most canned applesauce.

Here's how it works. Simply eat FullBar with an 8-ounce glass of water 30 minutes before your 2 biggest meals of the day. The upper part of your stomach is stretched out and tells your brain: "Stop! I'm full!" That's because FullBar uses the same principles as weight-loss surgery. By meal time, you'll eat less and your hunger will be completely satisfied.

They have a video on the website, which is helpful. I also watched a few reviews on youtube before I bought them on ebay because I was skeptical. You can also get them at GNC if you want to try them and don't want to wait for them to be shipped. I liked them so much that I just ordered a three month supply (buy two months and get one month free), which comes to about $1.22 a bar. I payed $2.50 for the ones on ebay so they are cheaper if you buy them on the website.

Hope you guys like them as much as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 06:19 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,376,402 times
So how are these working for you?
Do they really help control your appetite?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 AM

I think they do. They are starting to fill me up without eating additional food with them. I was coming home after 12 hours at the hospital and eating a full breakfast before going to sleep in the morning which made me a gain a few lbs in the 6 months I have been working the night shift....and now I just eat a fullbar before bed with a glass of water and I have lost 3 lbs.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:24 PM

What is the size of the bar in inches or approximately?
In the picture, it seems to be the size of a large brownie but it's hard to tell. The larger the better.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 PM

4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Thanks MrsMtns
I'm thinking about trying some of these.
Keep us posted how you do.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 AM

Will do.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,314,509 times
If you want a cheap alternative try a fiber supplement and protein snack with the water. Thats how those work. But do it the same way and make sure you are getting the same fiber/sugar levels as are in the bar.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
If you want a cheap alternative try a fiber supplement and protein snack with the water. Thats how those work. But do it the same way and make sure you are getting the same fiber/sugar levels as are in the bar.
The weight-loss surgeon that created the fullbar tells you why it is not the same in his video. Makes sense.

Fullbar Updates - Fullbar Living - Issue 9 | Number 1 (Powered by www.netnewsdesk.com)

Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM

For some reason when I had the Fullbar website pulled up, I couldn't get the videos to play but I went to GNC to buy a box of bars just to see if I would like them before I bought a 3 month supply from the website.
I had in mind to take them differently as I don't eat large high calorie meals all the time.
I wanted them mainly in case I wanted a snack between meals. I have a tendency to want to eat sweets and carbs sometimes and I wanted something to kill the cravings. So far, so good.
I'm going to test them in other ways as well like when I do go out to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss