Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
Just checking to get any updates. week 3 back on weight watchers. Thanks

How are you doing?

I haven't followed weight watchers for a long time now.

But I'm thinking about trying weight watchers again.
I bought some Smart One's at the store last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,171 times
Doing great. Down about 13 pounds so far. This time my husband had decided to do it with me making it easier. We have not been hungry and have found smart ways to make substitutions for the food we love. Pretty easy so far. Hoping to keep the momentum thru the holidays!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Doing great. Down about 13 pounds so far. This time my husband had decided to do it with me making it easier. We have not been hungry and have found smart ways to make substitutions for the food we love. Pretty easy so far. Hoping to keep the momentum thru the holidays!

That's great.
Congratulations on losing 13 pounds already

Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Congrats on your 13 lbs lost and for your DH doing it with you. What are some of the substitutions you have used?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:34 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,171 times
Let's see. He switched to Skim Milk, I already was drinking it. Use the Splenda brown sugar. Bought the Fat free cheese, and cheese sticks. lower fat hebrew national hot dogs. Light Ruffles potato chips. Boca Burgers. The weight watchers recipes I have made so far have all been great, even found a few new family favorites. I gave up sweet tea, huge thing for me living in the south. Switched to the sugar free cookies. Found a great ww egg salad recipe I love. Using nature's own white wheat bread, love it too! These are just a few I think of right now. Hope this helps!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Let's see. He switched to Skim Milk, I already was drinking it. Use the Splenda brown sugar. Bought the Fat free cheese, and cheese sticks. lower fat hebrew national hot dogs. Light Ruffles potato chips. Boca Burgers. The weight watchers recipes I have made so far have all been great, even found a few new family favorites. I gave up sweet tea, huge thing for me living in the south. Switched to the sugar free cookies. Found a great ww egg salad recipe I love. Using nature's own white wheat bread, love it too! These are just a few I think of right now. Hope this helps!
Sounds like you are on the right road! I hated some of the lower fat things like mayo, skim milk, cheeses when I first started WW.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:58 PM

Here is a great link to a wonderful weight watchers recipe site and all recipes include WW points per serving Skinny Weight Watcher Recipes – Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
For motivation purposes I am using my sister-in-law. She started ww one year ago and also started on an exercise plan. She went from 178 and just weighed in at 128. She followed the plan and went off a bit during special occasions. She made it look effortless and according to her, it was. She looks great! And so can you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss