Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:43 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times

Advertisements

I decided to try W.W. a couple months ago when a girl at my work showed me how to figure the points. I did it faithfully for 3 weeks and lost 5 lbs. I went to the gym about 3 times a week and did cardio and weights in that 3 week period. Then we went on a trip and I got off it. I don't eat when I am stressed or sad, I do the opposite, I don't eat. But when I go on a trip I have a hard time because we usually find a fast food restaurant.
Anyways, I am back starting it again tomorrow, so I found this thread. I hope to reach my weight loss goal of 20 lbs by June. I hope that as the OP says you will keep checking in here and posting how your success is in WW so we can all benefit.

One thing I have changed. I used to eat apples with peanut butter on them, but now to get my fruit and dairy in. I dip the apples/oranges in vanilla yogurt. Something is good, less fat and filling too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 01:55 PM

9 posts, read 28,888 times
I did weight watchers a few years ago and I loved it. However, at that point in my life, I wasn't sticking with any one thing for very long. I am considering this diet again.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:36 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
I have been doing WW since July and have lost 25 lbs but what I find discouraging is that if you don't drink enough water, you don't lose if you don't have the exact amount of fruits and veggies, you don't lose. I find the weeks that I work so hard I lose like 2/10's of a pound.
In 9 weeks though my cholesteral dropped 44 points which is great.
I had to take a break as I have stomach issues and fruits and veggies set it off so I am finding it hard to find a balance with what works for me.
All in all it is a great diet.

The only issue I had with it is that I am 5 feet tall and to get a lifetime membership they want me at 106 pounds. I am not a teenager and have never been that weight so I did get a letter from my Doctor stating that 106 is not a good weight for me.

I too get 22 points.

Good Luck everyone who is trying.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:04 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
I just joined WW online last Sunday. I was always thin before I had kids and actually lost the weight after each kid, but then gained after the last one. I woke up Sunday morning thinking I'm just tired of being overweight and I've already wasted the last 19 years being like this.

I was hungry the first couple of days but yesterday and today, surprisingly I was not hungry in the morning. I know they say to eat anyway but I prefer to listen to my body and eat when I am hungry, so I just drank water until I was hungry. I did end up eating all my points for the day, just started later in the day. I am not using my extra points - the extra 35. I figure I'll save in case I need them on the weekends when I might want to eat more. I also made Monday my weigh-in day so I won't be tempted to go wild on the weekends.

I figure if I follow the plan and eat only the points I'm allowed, I should be at my normal weight by August. 1990 was the last time I was at my normal weight!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I just joined WW online last Sunday. I was always thin before I had kids and actually lost the weight after each kid, but then gained after the last one. I woke up Sunday morning thinking I'm just tired of being overweight and I've already wasted the last 19 years being like this.

I was hungry the first couple of days but yesterday and today, surprisingly I was not hungry in the morning. I know they say to eat anyway but I prefer to listen to my body and eat when I am hungry, so I just drank water until I was hungry. I did end up eating all my points for the day, just started later in the day. I am not using my extra points - the extra 35. I figure I'll save in case I need them on the weekends when I might want to eat more. I also made Monday my weigh-in day so I won't be tempted to go wild on the weekends.

I figure if I follow the plan and eat only the points I'm allowed, I should be at my normal weight by August. 1990 was the last time I was at my normal weight!
Good for you
I very recently started doing ww pts.
I have goofed a few times but my scale this morning showed me still down 5 lbs. What ww plan are you doing? How do you have an extra 35 pts? Is that for every week? I think I'm doing a somewhat old ww points plan but it should still work like before so I guess it doesnt really matter which ww plan. My points for the day is: 18-23.

Good luck losing the weight

Old 02-26-2009, 06:42 AM

Good for you on the 5 lbs.
The tracking system really works well...little bit of work but I find if I do not track I do not do as well.
I never liked using the extra 35 points and that is each week...you can earn back points by exercising.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Good for you on the 5 lbs.
The tracking system really works well...little bit of work but I find if I do not track I do not do as well.
I never liked using the extra 35 points and that is each week...you can earn back points by exercising.
Thank you.
Congrats to you on having lost 25 lbs
Which WW points plan are you doing? I keep hearing everyone talking about having an extra 35 points they can use.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:40 AM

I do the Quik Trak system as it works well with The Flex program although I will admit I have been really bad lately.
Back on the horse March 1st.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Thank you.
Congrats to you on having lost 25 lbs
Which WW points plan are you doing? I keep hearing everyone talking about having an extra 35 points they can use.

I was also doing the flex plan. The extra 35 points are points for the week. They would rather you didn't save them all up for the weekend, but they don't totally discourage it either. You do not have to use them at all. Strictly up to you and the rate you want to lose. I found that I usually used them on the weekends. My weigh-in day was Friday, which worked great for me.

But...if you are doing an old plan and they don't have the extra points then you probably have more points in your daily totals. You may want to check out their website, they have good forums there too. Very helpful, especially with lo-point recipes and ways to feel full.

You are obviously doing this on your own? As opposed to a meeting or joining on the web, right? Just wondering, I have tried that many times and it just doesn't work as well for me. For some reason, I find that I do better when I have to be held accountable for my weekly actions.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,416 times
Default this is an old ww plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Good for you
I very recently started doing ww pts.
I have goofed a few times but my scale this morning showed me still down 5 lbs. What ww plan are you doing? How do you have an extra 35 pts? Is that for every week? I think I'm doing a somewhat old ww points plan but it should still work like before so I guess it doesnt really matter which ww plan. My points for the day is: 18-23.

Good luck losing the weight
It sounds like you are using a much older WW version. I think it was called Winning Points. Your range is 18-23 points.

The newer plan is the flex plan, where you get 20 daily target points, plus 35 weekly points. The 35 weekly points can be used on whatever day(s) you want.
Either plan works, but you would get a few more total points with the flex plan.

WW comes up with a new plan about every year, but it really doesn't change much from year to year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss