Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 AM

71 posts, read 243,763 times

Advertisements

Hello All! I get bored pretty easily with exercise which is probably why i often quit but I found a site that has some pretty challenging routines so if i were you i'd try then out www.bodyrock.tv

**Other question: about how much do i need to take in and burn to lose roughly 2.5 pounds weekly? I'm 5'7" and i weigh 170. I'd like to take off about 22 pounds by Jan 5 (my 27th b-day). I know this isn't so far fetched that it's not achievable, right? or am i setting myself up for failure?

thanks in advance everyone...muah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I love Zuzana. Ive posted many of her YouTube vids here as her routines are pretty good. She sure is pleasant on the eyes as well.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I love Zuzana. Ive posted many of her YouTube vids here as her routines are pretty good. She sure is pleasant on the eyes as well.

I'm a woman and i 100% agree with that. i wish i could have her body!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
Maybe you should change up your workout routine (switch every few days to a different kind of exercise).

That's what I do. I normally go jogging, but at times either I'm too sore or just don't feel like jogging, I'll just go for a long walk or do my Pilates DVD. I change it up every week and do something different to keep me going and keeps me from giving up on it altogether.

Don't give up. Do something else for a while.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 AM

127 posts, read 364,778 times
I got into hula hooping. It's lots of fun and there are tons of tricks to learn, so I don't get bored easily.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnicole83 View Post
Hello All! I get bored pretty easily with exercise which is probably why i often quit but I found a site that has some pretty challenging routines so if i were you i'd try then out www.bodyrock.tv

**Other question: about how much do i need to take in and burn to lose roughly 2.5 pounds weekly? I'm 5'7" and i weigh 170. I'd like to take off about 22 pounds by Jan 5 (my 27th b-day). I know this isn't so far fetched that it's not achievable, right? or am i setting myself up for failure?

thanks in advance everyone...muah!
It's achievable but at 5'7" and 170 lbs you are not obese and the smaller you are, the slower the weight is to come off. 2.5 lbs at your size is, IMHO, too much too fast. But to say that it is not achievable would be false. You could do it. You won't have fun though!

I recommend going to fitday.com; it's free. It will help you calculate an estimate of how many calories you are burning daily and what kind of caloric deficit (through reduced food intake and increased exercise) you need to achieve in order to meet your goal. You can also record all of your daily eating and activity on that site. It helped me as I lost over 100 lbs in 10.5 months.

Good luck.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's achievable but at 5'7" and 170 lbs you are not obese and the smaller you are, the slower the weight is to come off. 2.5 lbs at your size is, IMHO, too much too fast. But to say that it is not achievable would be false. You could do it. You won't have fun though!

I recommend going to fitday.com; it's free. It will help you calculate an estimate of how many calories you are burning daily and what kind of caloric deficit (through reduced food intake and increased exercise) you need to achieve in order to meet your goal. You can also record all of your daily eating and activity on that site. It helped me as I lost over 100 lbs in 10.5 months.

Good luck.

YOWZAH!!! CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! that's some awesome and i'm so happy for you! I know you feel like a million bucks!

anway i'm going to check out that website...thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss