Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,678 times

Advertisements

Hey!

So I do have a juicer that I bought last year and I love it. I was getting bored after constant use for many many months. (The clean up is seriously always a pain in the ass )

I dusted this thing off and I'm back to doing this! It always feels nice to get vitamins going through your veins, , but lately I think I want something more. Currently, I wake up and usually juice some carrots, 1 apple, and 1 orange. It tastes great and after a few days, I notice my knuckles turn orange for like 5 minutes.. (LOL)

Anyway, I think I need more veggie, less fruit. I think I am getting too much sugar because eventually I feel like I'm crashing later on. I'm looking for something that's going to be like this huge surge of energy, but it also has to taste somewhat good. I understand taste is very subjective, but still.

This could be interesting. I would absolutely love to hear (er, read) some of your recipes and suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,678 times
LOL i guess not? ::cries::

Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,281,136 times
I had to laugh at this post because I was about to post one almost identical!!! I usually go the carrot+apple+orange route as well and am bored stiff so am also searching for some new ideas.

Carrots actually ARE one of the best for energy, so juicing aside, as you are already getting your carrots, and not feeling energetic enough, you may want to look at adding a Vitamin B complex supplement to your diet.

For different flavour, try juicing some fresh ginger with your carrot!

Now I am waiting for some fresh ideas as well!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:00 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times

YouTube - Green Smoothie 101

I just posted this in another thread so I shall here too as its already in my cut and paste!
I know its a smoothie but still helpful with the veg thing

Just an idea to come up with stuff is look at what certain juices do. Check out the "low carb" list of fruits.

20 simple recipes:
Living and Raw Foods: Recipe - 20 Simple Juice Recipes

^^^they have titles as to what they are for.

Natural Juice Recipes

A couple more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss