Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 11:48 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,284,539 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Revolution 3-26 - Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

I laughed at all the kids screaming at the fat consumption example. LOL

But I can't wait to see this show. I always wonder when adults diet, do they clean up the home or just themselves? I know when my mother would "diet" she ate her "diet food" and we ate whatever. FF 20 years and I had to teach myself how to eat properly because I never had a mother do that for me. And I know I don't have to tell you guys what a PITA it can be to make changes just because you have so many other responsibilities in the adult world.

Are you guys cleaning up for the family too?

The school lunches look like they have gotten far worse than when I was in school too. At least what they were shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 12:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,397,902 times
I can't wait for this show!!!! It's about time someone stepped up the plate!!!
I wonder though if it will really make a difference in the end. America is just so used to SAD.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM

18,129 posts, read 11,772,186 times
He's such a sweet guy! I used to watch his regular show (in his apartment setting) using fresh herbs.

Whats it like at my house? I try to cook at least 3 times a week but I'm on a high calorie diet. I burn more than I take in.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,956,135 times
Congrats to Jamie Oliver! I watched the show tonight and I'm a big fan. I do watch what I eat, am not over weight, don't eat much processed foods as I like to cook. It is so sad about what's going on in the schools with the "crap" food though. This country needs to get moving about food, diet, nutrition, etc. These food companies will push $hit on us if they could get away with it.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 AM

7,149 posts, read 12,694,343 times
I watched the show last night. It was eye-opening. The school food program and the USDA rules and regulations about what constitutes a healthy meal needs changing ASAP--yuck, those pizza breakfasts and chicken tenders or McNuggets with icky dipping sauces are loading the kids up for obesity and diabetes.

And OMG, did you believe the regular diet of that one profiled family? Everything fried and processed and not a vegetable or salad in sight? And the size of the parents and their three kids? That huge little girl! Only four and double what she should be. That's child abuse in a whole different form...

Old 03-27-2010, 08:38 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,328,800 times
I clip coupons but most of what is in the circulars is useless to me because most of it is for processed food! I try to eat mostly fresh veggies/fruit and lean meats, and whole grains. The food revolution has already occurred at this house!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,719,098 times
My daughter and I switched to organic a few weeks ago...just meaning no more High Fructose Corn Syrups, bleached flours, etc. We buy USDA/Organic where possible.

So it's has been reinforcement to have things like Food, Inc win an Oscar...made me watch it.
To have Food Revolution on tv and a celebrity do Organic Liaison....

basically all making people aware what's in their food...and hoping folks will make better choices.

I know my family surely has.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,135,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
My daughter and I switched to organic a few weeks ago...just meaning no more High Fructose Corn Syrups, bleached flours, etc. We buy USDA/Organic where possible.
Don't be surprised if you see weight loss with the change.
HFCS is a contributor to weight gain, difficulties losing weight, etc. Don't have any research or facts to back it up, just my own personal experience and several of my loved ones! Congrats on your choice to eat healthier!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss