Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,296,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Perfect name -- Artie would eat him.
Artie would love him! And you'd have double the poop to inspect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 05:49 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,439,416 times
I told my adoption coordinator $250 fee. $800 there?? Wow..........

Perhaps we'll hold off on actually posting an adoption fee until we see the vet then. They're adorable, but yes, cat aggressive. I'll work on that when I get them home. Great. Dog aggressive boxer and now 2 cat aggressive dogs. Why can't people properly train their dogs? Gah!!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 PM

In this area, Bulldog theft is a huge thing. Every single week, I get alerts because someone's dog was stolen. Someone tried to pull that at the park with PC, but they would really have to get past me first because I would have killed them if he put that leash on my dog. Because they are so popular, they are in very high demand. To keep the crazies at bay, they have no choice but to raise the adoption fee.

Pit Bulls are banned in many apartment complexes around here and LA. Bulldogs seem to be slowly replacing them and the people that own them here give the breed a bad name. I think what the rescue is doing is great, since not many of those people can afford the $800 fee. They look for unaltered dogs, so that they can breed themselves.

Also, many of the local breeders no longer invite people into their homes. Someone pretended to be interested but really just wanted to see where she lived. They broke into her house while she was at work, and stole the mom and 5 babies. It's a shame that it's coming to this! It seems like every other dog is a Bulldog around here and that's not a good thing because I assure you, the number of Bulldogs outnumber the number of reputable breeders.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,428,037 times
Beesley needs a brother

Old 06-16-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Beesley needs a brother
Or sister! Take one, we can have a multi-Bulldog reunion when you finally decide I'm worth a visit!

You already threw out a lot of good names when I was looking for a name for MB, so you can use one of those!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Or sister! Take one, we can have a multi-Bulldog reunion when you finally decide I'm worth a visit!

You already threw out a lot of good names when I was looking for a name for MB, so you can use one of those!
I can't afford another dog!

If I ever get another one, it will be named Halpert Have to keep going with "The Office" theme!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I can't afford another dog!

If I ever get another one, it will be named Halpert Have to keep going with "The Office" theme!
I've never seen an episode of the office, but I'm sure there is something or someone food related in there!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I've never seen an episode of the office, but I'm sure there is something or someone food related in there!
Other possible names from The Office:

Bernard (I love that one)
Creed
Malone
Oscar
Wallace (Second favorite)
Bob Vance
Scranton (HA!)
Toby

Old 06-16-2010, 06:23 PM

Porterhouse Bernard
Meatloaf Creed
Instead of Toby, change it to Kobe and call him Kobe Beef

Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 PM

205 posts, read 726,753 times
Default Max the bulldog

Quote:
OMG, can I have them both? What's another 2 to our mix? No cats here, so that's not a worry! What sex are they?

But seriously, if you're looking for a Bulldog rescue to take them, I have contacts here and we get them from all over the world. Last one came from Korea, of all places! Bulldogs are the #1 breed in Los Angeles, so the rescue here does really well with placement. And, it's Bulldog weather year-round!
Hello MAK802,
Hey I was asked to evaluate a bulldog today that needs to be re-homed. He is currently in Gardena, CA and his owner is disabled with severe arthritis. And I'm sure that has a lot to do with what happened. He bit a neighbor that is slightly mentally handicapped. The bite was not really bad, but a bite is a bite and now the owner (who rents) needs to re-home him and won't consider the pound. He is altered and current on his vaccinations.

Can anyone in your network help Max. I don't have a pictures but I can get some.

freesiia

Last edited by freesiia; 06-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs