Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,994 times

Advertisements

I've read about many solutions and products and tried most but nothing seems to ged rid of the smell 100%. We replaced the carpet with flooring and an area rug (plastic underneath)which my Roxy pee'd on and we clean it with an enzyme cleaner. Also, took it outside and cleaned the whole thing with a vinegar, soap solution but now it smells like the mix plus pee. I know dogs will just keep going if they smell pee so what are some suggestions for getting the smell totally out? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,010,509 times
Nature's Miracle didn't work? They actually have one that's called "Urine Destoryer", and that has worked for us on carpet that my older cat had decided to use as another litter box. What I did was douse the area with the NM and let soak through. I then doused it again and used (lots of) paper towels to blot it up. It got rid of the smell as well as the nasty brown spots. It took time and quite a bit of the stuff, but it definitely worked wonders.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:55 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
If I understand correctly even after pulling up the carpet and replacing the surface flooring the area still smells of urine? If so perhaps the plywood and/or sub-floor was saturated?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
Try B Urine Freeâ„¢ is for anywhere with a urine smell or stain problem - Environmental Biotech. This product works.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Is it the new floor that smells like urine or the area rug? If repeated home cleanings have not worked for an area rug you might consider using a professional rug cleaner.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Nature's Miracle didn't work? They actually have one that's called "Urine Destoryer", and that has worked for us on carpet that my older cat had decided to use as another litter box. What I did was douse the area with the NM and let soak through. I then doused it again and used (lots of) paper towels to blot it up. It got rid of the smell as well as the nasty brown spots. It took time and quite a bit of the stuff, but it definitely worked wonders.
I'll check into it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If I understand correctly even after pulling up the carpet and replacing the surface flooring the area still smells of urine? If so perhaps the plywood and/or sub-floor was saturated?
No. The new area rug smells because she peed on that. We cleaned it right away but it still smells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I'll check into it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is it the new floor that smells like urine or the area rug? If repeated home cleanings have not worked for an area rug you might consider using a professional rug cleaner.
Area rug. We had the carpet that was there professionally cleaned twice and that didn't work.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,413,094 times
We've use this in the cattery with great success. Nothing worse than the strong smell of cat urine!
STINK FREE DIRECT

Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
buy yourself a carpet steam cleaner they are so worth it and my carpets have never been nicer and fresher . I like steam cleaners because they clean the mess right away and have you tried get serious ? this stuff is better than natures miracle.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,239,796 times
You may have to burn the house.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:45 PM

90 posts, read 330,123 times
My husband and I moved in to a house that the previous owner had two cats that never made it to the litter box in the twenty years he lived here. (Well that's what it seemed like...) The urine smell we horrible and it was soaked in to the dry wall. We removed the tiles, drywall and cabinets. The smell stayed. We tried all the different "urine - gone" products, smell stayed. Finally we bought a damp rid, berry scented, jar and placed it in the general area... it lasted for a month, but the smell left. I'm not sure why it worked or if it was just a fluke, but the smell is gone. You can get Damp rid from any store, but we bought it from Home depot and it was the "air freshener" one, not the regular (though both might work??)

Good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs