Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,541,706 times

Advertisements

I found a very sweet, very young pit puppy in the park this morning. She is at my vet right now. No micro chip of course. I cannot take her in, I have two dogs of my own and live in a very small apartment. I need to find a rescue group ASAP and all of the ones I've contacted are not taking in animals right now. If anyone can help me PLEASE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 08:46 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
Lone Star State Pit Bull Club - RESCUE

Havent checked it but came up first in google for the search. Good luck@

Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Lone Star State Pit Bull Club - RESCUE

Havent checked it but came up first in google for the search. Good luck@
Thanks. I've been all over Google trying to find something and nothing has come up. This organization doesn't even have a contact number on it. Thank you though.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:54 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
Pit Bull Rescue Central

Try these ?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:19 AM

603 posts, read 1,947,999 times
I have to say thank you for taking this puppy off of the street and keeping her safe.How old is she?If she's really young,maybe a rescue or humane society would take her because i am sure all the pitbull rescues are overflowing.It is very bad right now.

Spindletop Refugeest. 1985 - Home

Heaven Sent Pitbull Rescue

Thats what i found when i did a google search..I wish you the best of luck.I hope one of these places can take the pup.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
and don't just google for close to home.... spread the search OUT.... transport can be arranged.......

Old 07-14-2010, 11:19 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,434,710 times
And check the rescue's references, preferably their vet ref. I've found a lot of rescues lately that aren't rescues at all. Helped get one arrested not long ago for multiple counts of cruelty and hoarding basically, but there are rumors she was using dogs - especially pits - for very not nice reasons. A puppy would be ideal for someone like that.

Have a picture? Iv'e got a soft spot for pitties, especially babies.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
She has a picture on her Facebook page, so I "shared" it and tagged you. Go to Facebook. Look at that face. Fall in love. I dare you.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,409,032 times
Quote:
And check the rescue's references, preferably their vet ref. I've found a lot of rescues lately that aren't rescues at all. Helped get one arrested not long ago for multiple counts of cruelty and hoarding basically, but there are rumors she was using dogs - especially pits - for very not nice reasons. A puppy would be ideal for someone like that.

Once you have looked at her & fall in love with this baby DH & I would be happy to donate either transport help (if going through the Houston area) or monetary donation to help get her to you!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:

It's not a great pic. In fact she doesn't even look like a pitty in the pic, but I know she is. I stopped by the vet on my lunch break and they said she was sleeping, but she is very much a puppy. Probably not more then 4 months old. My boss is trying to convince her husband to at least foster her for now, they have two older pits and love the breed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs