Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times

Advertisements

What a beautiful gang you have!
I stayed in the cottages for a week- what a view, and what a feeling when everyone leaves at 5p except for the few of you on the grounds. The silence, the colors, the rocks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,361,144 times
Congratulations on your new addition! She's a beauty, along with the rest of your family. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Traveling till X-mas would be fun but not very good for keeping the kids in kibble

I wrote a blog about Best Friends in general for anyone that wants to read about it. I will say here that anyone that needs a renewal of faith in humankind should visit there! I've never been any place where everyone has a positive attitude and where the whole staff loves their jobs. If you do visit, definately try and stay at the cottages on the Best Friends property.

Now the important stuff...I'd like to introduce the sweetest hound in Texas! Meet our newest pack member Samantha! I was worried whether Mariah would accept her. I'm happy to report that everyone gets along wonderfully! Here are a couple of pictures from the trip & the gang once we got home
That last picture? Where Sammie is lying there all regal-looking? I'm in love with her.

I'm so happy that everyone is getting along, that you had a wonderful time, and that you're back home.

PS. Hi Samantha!!!!! The treats are in the kitchen. They're in the pantry. Second shelf. Just sayin...

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,409,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Nice photos. You have 3 nice looking dogs! That shot from your cottage makes me want to go back again sooooo bad, maybe next year I can talk a friend or two into going!
We are already talking about going back sometime this winter. This time we will fly into Vegas rather than drive. Its so much faster & will give us more time at the sanctuary. I love the country out in Utah. DH & I are talking about maybe retiring there.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,325 times
Ah, Utah. Love it. I lived there for 19 years out of my 24 year life

Great pics! I'm glad you loved it! Kanab is one of the prettiest places in all of Utah. Next time spend a day or two in Zion National Park. You won't regret it!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 AM

417 posts, read 1,068,537 times
Sammie is beautiful! What a cutie..and she looks right at home on that bed. Good luck with her and congrats!!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,409,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
That last picture? Where Sammie is lying there all regal-looking? I'm in love with her.

I'm so happy that everyone is getting along, that you had a wonderful time, and that you're back home.

PS. Hi Samantha!!!!! The treats are in the kitchen. They're in the pantry. Second shelf. Just sayin...
DH & I feel the same way about her. She has already charmed her way into our hearts and has made herself right at home. As for the treats.....she has already gotten tips from Mariah on how to use "the look" to get Mom to give one up! Now that she is feeling a bit more comfortable, her true personality is coming through. Such a funny little thing! She LOVES DH's shoes. She doesn't chew them. She picks them up from the closet, carries them over to her bed and naps with them. Guess I know who her favorite human is!

This is one of my favorite pictures. I snapped it at the sanctuary after we picked up Sammie from her run. I call it:
"Can I have that sandwich, please?"
Attached Thumbnails
Off to Best Friends in the morning!-can-i-have-sandwich-please1.jpg  

Last edited by Va-Cat; 07-26-2010 at 11:21 AM..

Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
DH & I feel the same way about her. She has already charmed her way into our hearts and has made herself right at home. As for the treats.....she has already gotten tips from Mariah on how to use "the look" to get Mom to give one up! Now that she is feeling a bit more comfortable, her true personality is coming through. Such a funny little thing! She LOVES DH's shoes. She doesn't chew them. She picks them up from the closet, carries them over to her bed and naps with them. Guess I know who her favorite human is!
I love everything that you just wrote!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,430,742 times
Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous crew and Sammie is just gorgeous and so regal looking! Welcome home Sammie!

Old 07-26-2010, 06:12 PM

553 posts, read 1,633,372 times
All of your dogs are gorgeous. Sammie looks very confident, and it seems she's having no problem adjusting to her new life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs