Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,485 times

Advertisements

Today on Yahoo I read a great article about the Animal Medical Center in NYC and it's cutting edge treatments for animals. Sounds like such a wonderful place to take your pet.
US pet owners paying for high-tech veterinary care - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pet_medicine - broken link)

Found fascinating all the comments after the article that were so critical of those who spent $$ on their pets, some were downright vicious.
But there was one comment back that I loved and I hope it's
not a problem to repost it. The comment was put up by someone named killthemotor. It says what I feel and I think that most pet owners feel.
"My pet is part of our family and he earns his keep, when I am home alone he is my companion, when we are away from home he watches the house, he a playmate to my children so I am his employer and as such I provide his health care.
Money has little to do with keeping a family member healthy as for helping others well you have to walk in my shoes before passing judgment what I have seen is we pet owners have a compassionate hearts we have been known to donate time & give generously we wont wait for a reward or a pat on the back. so if it bothers you that we pet owners will spend a little money on our pets I say build a bridge and get over it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs