Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times

Advertisements

villalobos ... isn't that the one in the Animal Planet show, Pitbulls and Parolees??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
omg this is terrible

Old 07-29-2010, 05:59 PM

295 posts, read 1,213,818 times
@ late .... yes.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:47 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,293,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

villalobos ... isn't that the one in the Animal Planet show, Pitbulls and Parolees??
Highly doubt it. I keep up to them, and the SoCal Bulldog rescue (based out of the LA area) just posted a FB status regarding an event at their facility this weekend. If the area was on fire, I am positive this rescue would alert people. This is the status:

If anyone is free this Sunday, Pit Bulls & Paroles is having a fundraiser with Tia up at her place. There is a live band, vendors, booths, live artist and auctions. Entry is $25 and proceeds benefit the rescue there. "Ruby" (aka Tundra) will be there too!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,293,444 times
People are not allowed near that area, so telling people to come with crates is a bad, bad idea! It will just cause traffic for the firefighters. Roads are closed, and as of now, the fire has not reached the rescue. This, from the rescue's official FB page:

tubbyDog fans, PLEASE HELP! Villalobos Rescue Center in California is DANGEROUSLY close to the Soldedad Canyon which is currently on fire and headed their way. The roads are closed and volunteers are not allowed in at this time. Please help with donations for any and all damages they should have. They are the largest Pit Bull rescue in the country and house over 200 Pit Bulls.

Villalobos Rescue Center | Facebook

Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,457 times
so what is supposed to happen? the dogs will die if they cant get out ???? thats messed up ..
My prayers are for Tia and her dogs .. because thats all I can do ..

Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 PM

295 posts, read 1,213,818 times
Default They're safe.

Per Becky Correia, Community Relations Director, Villalobos Rescue Center:

The fire has bypassed the rescue and they are standing down. At 5:45 pm PDT, she said: "Yes, please cancel the SOS....we're so grateful with the response we got so far, we have a great list of resources for staging next time ... our problem is this was such short notice the fire was on their steps before we could even get people onsite to help.... "

Thanks to all who offered help and who cared. For those who live near rescue groups and/or facilities, perhaps you could contact them to volunteer help if & when a disaster threatens or hits your area. Rescues are *always* in need of volunteers, but never more so than when an emergency situation arises.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom View Post
Per Becky Correia, Community Relations Director, Villalobos Rescue Center:

The fire has bypassed the rescue and they are standing down. At 5:45 pm PDT, she said: "Yes, please cancel the SOS....we're so grateful with the response we got so far, we have a great list of resources for staging next time ... our problem is this was such short notice the fire was on their steps before we could even get people onsite to help.... "

Thanks to all who offered help and who cared. For those who live near rescue groups and/or facilities, perhaps you could contact them to volunteer help if & when a disaster threatens or hits your area. Rescues are *always* in need of volunteers, but never more so than when an emergency situation arises.
Oh yes I am. Oh yes I am going to say it again. THANK YOU. Thank you for caring and getting involved and stepping up to the plate while I was running around being completely ineffective. You are a star.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,515,511 times
I also want to THANK YOU to each and every one that was prepared to help. Even though there are many of us not anywhere near the area we still worry. I am so thankful that for now everything will be ok.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,272,742 times
Great job getting the word out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs