Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times

Advertisements

Ugh, I know there are just so many out there (I get daily emails about pleas to help rescue this dog or that), but this one just pulled at my heartstrings. This poor baby has been declining at the shelter and has become depressed and withdrawn, barely eats, and is deteriorating from the stress of being in the shelter. She needs to go to a foster family who will work with her and give her the care and attention she so desperately desires. She is simply giving up on life right now...

If anyone can help out or crosspost this to people you know who might be willing to take her in, even just as a foster, please!!! Time is running out for this girl.

Quote:
On behalf of Red Sky Rescue, located in Medora, IN, I am contacting your rescue concerning a urgent case. Red Sky operates as the city's only no kill shelter. With one animal control officer and two part time volunteers, close to one hundred dogs find sanctuary there. A majority of the dogs are adoptable and find foster homes quickly. Nevertheless, some dogs have a difficult time adapting due to past abuse and neglect.

Paula, a sweet young beagle falls into the latter category. She was found aimlessly wandering the streets of Medora. Upon arrival, Paula was understandably timid and nervous. Her past is a mystery yet her fear of humans speaks volumes. Since she arrived at Red Sky Rescue, her condition has deteriorated. Due to the stress of shelter life and uncertainty, Paula hardly eats and has become frail. Surprisingly, she does not have any fear towards other dogs and has never reacted in defense.

Our hope is for Paula to find a quiet, peaceful environment to recuperate. It is imperative that she is placed with one that has the patience to work with her in order for full recovery. One on one, Paula has the sweetest disposition. It is obvious that despite her fears, she yearns to be loved and to give love. Paula's potential is endless and seeing the light in her eyes dim as the days go by is heartbreaking.

Yes, there are so many dogs who match Paula's profile. Red Sky Rescue is reaching out for any help in order to save this girls life.

Please help us help Paula find her forever home. There is a $200 Sponsorship donation.
If you can help Paula, please contact Tina at Queentina@pacbell.net. If you can't help, please forward to someone who might be able to.
She is approx. 3 years old, up to date on vaccinations, and good with other dogs. Transport can always be arranged even if you aren't near Indy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 12:15 PM

18,729 posts, read 33,402,036 times
I so wish I could help, but my 5-dog Massachusetts home is not peaceful for recovery. Bless you all for trying so hard for this little dog.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:41 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Thanks BDL! Great news for Paula, she found a foster home to stay until she finds a forever home!!

Thought I would give you all a little update:

Quote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that Paula went into a foster home in Indianapolis today. Yay! She will have two foster-brothers and wonderful foster Mom. She still needs a forever home but she will be in a nice warm, loving environment until that happens. Thank you for all your well wishes. If you have expressed interest in adopting Paula or donating toward her care and spaying, she will be adopted through Beagles and Buddies. You can contact Victoria at vhall67@comcast.net or call her at 317-418-1615.

Thanks everyone!

I don't know who the foster is, but I did get this update about Paula's status. Maybe it's someone from C-D?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs