Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 08:59 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

I wish I was home, but I won't be until Tuesday. Though, I know PC is a genius without a test! He knows how to get mama to give him anything he wants, so that has to count for something! If you do it, let us know the score! I'm doing it next week, when I get home!

The Animal Attraction - Dog IQ Test
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,405,738 times
LOL - this is gonna be fun to do tomorrow. I'm not sure about the one test with the treat under the table. How many points will my Chessie get if she uses her big old block head to tip the table over to get the treat? (thats what I think will happen!)

Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 PM

Chelsea is one smart cookie, I can tell already she'll be a genius! The one where they say to throw a towel over their head...well, let's just say PC will sprint to another room if I do that to him!

Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times
So I gave my MinPin Sheba the IQ test today, and she got a 16. She barely made it into the "Smart dog...but not Harvard material" section.

In a vain attempt to help her accept her mediocre IQ, I told her, "It's alright. You're a beautiful dog, and only ugly dogs need to be smart." Apparently my husband and brother overheard my conversation with Sheba. The next thing you know they started calling her "Paris" and "Forrest".

I'll never put her through an IQ test again...Poor thing was so disappointed with her score, I had to give her kibble treats just to make her feel better....

Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 PM

14 posts, read 22,588 times
I will try my little guy tomorrow.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Both my dogs scored high on everything but the first one - the can. I don't think they like to knock things over - they usually get in trouble. But they nailed everything else.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:16 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times
This be to easy as mine do SAR and use nose a lot (bloodhounds) They took wet cat food cans off cupboard in pantry and left soups and such sit and opened with teeth.

See them dig food and stuff from under couches as some take dishes and push under for later thinking no one else touch it.

I do the towel thing over head as a training tool gets them used to strange things happening.

Food under a towel they may eat towel if not get at treat right away.

The move fridge thing be ok as long as not say treat or ride then nothing would stop em.

The smile thing my english does that as she a pest and sits back wags tail at ya waiting for smile or other sign saying ok I will pet your annoying A$$.

I have had dogs in past that would be at bottom.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 PM

PC's middle name is Edward, aka Special Ed. I'm hoping he proves me wrong when I test him!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:03 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
I question the validity of this IQ test. My dog scored 26 points but is actually an idiot (Test 1-5, 5 points. Test 6, 1 point).

Also, I think that test #6 is discriminatory. I've spent considerable time working with my dog on honoring and release commands. If you throw a ball/bumper/bird for him and say anything other than his name or "back" he will not go. It appears that there has been some unintended crossover with the "HERE" command.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
The head under the towel test is not really a fair test in my particular case. I play a game with my dogs that involves tossing a blanket over Buddy and then saying to my other dog (Blizzard) "Where is Buddy?" This gets her excited and she has to figure out how to get under the blanket to find Buddy. Buddy, in the mean time, knows it is a game and is wagging his tail under the blanket and will try to bite (playfully of course) anyone or anything that dares touch HIS blanket, but he doesn't try to get out from under the blanket himself.

When the blanket come off, Buddy knows the game is over. So he tries to stay under the blanket as long as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs