Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:37 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,807,650 times

Advertisements

My dog Spike doesn't bark when there are dogs on tv. It just doesn't come up on his radar.
Yesterday at work I saw an ad on Facebook for http://www.foopets.com and it looked pretty interested.
I logged on to it about an hour ago to select a pet. While you're selecting a pet or trying to decide, they have either the cat or the dog on the screen and you can hear it panting. It also barks but not a lot.
Spike was on my bed and he hears the panting and tries to find the source. He tilts his head to try to hear better and then he starts barking!
He then enlists our other dog Rudy to try to find out where this dog is and I guess attack it (he was also growling).
My step sister and I are just cracking up laughing while he and my other dog go around the house barking.

If any of you are willing to test this site out on your pets, let me know how it went.
I hate I didn't record their initial reaction. I have a couple of seconds where Spike is tilting his head by the computer as he realizes that's where it's coming from. It's too cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:44 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
My dogs walk around the television because the sound comes out of the back. One actually watches television and one time the dog show was on and I changed the channel she gave me a look as if looks could kill. One time there was some African animal show on and one of the dogs got in the crouch position with the animals on the tv and was ready to pounce. The other one and one of my foster dogs flew off the sofa once, over the coffee table and slammed right into the television.

They know how to open the refrigerator and I had to take the handles off. As of this week they now have figured out how to open the fridge without the handles.

I have 4 dogs and if I tell the one to 'go get them and bring them' she barks and runs outside and herds them all in the house. All without treats She a mutt and smart as a whip.

When my shar pei was a puppy and drink water she woudl always have a dripping wet muzzel and I'd wipe it off and she got so used to it she would bring me the towel herself. My brother couldn't believe it.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,807,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My dogs walk around the television because the sound comes out of the back. One actually watches television and one time the dog show was on and I changed the channel she gave me a look as if looks could kill. One time there was some African animal show on and one of the dogs got in the crouch position with the animals on the tv and was ready to pounce. The other one and one of my foster dogs flew off the sofa once, over the coffee table and slammed right into the television.

They know how to open the refrigerator and I had to take the handles off. As of this week they now have figured out how to open the fridge without the handles.

I have 4 dogs and if I tell the one to 'go get them and bring them' she barks and runs outside and herds them all in the house. All without treats She a mutt and smart as a whip.

When my shar pei was a puppy and drink water she woudl always have a dripping wet muzzel and I'd wipe it off and she got so used to it she would bring me the towel herself. My brother couldn't believe it.
I'm so glad my dogs can't open the fridge.

The story about the towel is so cute.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 PM

212 posts, read 700,652 times
My first dog was rescued from a lot in brooklynn.(total mutt)He made einstein look average and actually spoke atleast 3 words that others will vouch for.Second dog from north shore animal rescue.(black lab rescued from south carolina puppy mill)After being in the house 10 hours and previously smelling me do what you do sitting on the throne.The next day he had peed on the papers and went in the bathroom and pooped on the johnny bolt(thats the bolt that holds down the toilet to the floor)Not einstein but real close.Third dog from an esteemed breeder(only because my son said he never wanted another dog,was demanding he had to come home from heaven or he would beat god up,...you can't make this stuff up,but i understand)with his dad, Doc 23 hunting awards,Mom,ladyanne,21 best in shows was as dumb as a box of rocks.I have since taught the third to be able to graduate trade school.LOL

Old 09-11-2009, 08:50 PM

this is a good thread and after a late dinner and some sleep i'll post some good ones.peace

Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,374,798 times
HUMMMMM My dog is a Service Dog How Smart is that!!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
HUMMMMM My dog is a Service Dog How Smart is that!!
I'd say thats a real smart dog.What breed?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,374,798 times
Corgi....Pembroke

Old 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,063,796 times
if max-cat escapes the yard, i can tell bailey to "go find your max!" and 9 times out of 10, she finds him and herds him on home ..... she is a cattle dog mix......

Bailey and Max:

Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,485,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
If any of you are willing to test this site out on your pets, let me know how it went
What a cute site! I just tried it out on my pup. The only sounds he was interested in were those of the Black Lab Mix (he's in love with the black lab girl dog down the street) and the Rottie. He just tilted his head and raised his ears on both. No reaction on any other one ~

Sounds like Spike is big into protecting his territory. My dog is not interested unless there's some food involved in it for him

I have tried playing videos of wolves howling which he is very interested in. He starts sniffing the air, but then gets bored when he can't catch a scent. Have you tried that on your dogs?

Nice thread Purple!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs