Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 02:11 PM

720 posts, read 3,008,051 times

Advertisements

I have one, had him for the past three years. For those of you who don't know since I often get told there is no such breed it's basically majority Old English Bulldog, some mastiff, some pitbull, some american bulldog and I dont recall but maybe a little bit of amstaf as well.

Just curious what others experiences have been?

When they say bully breeds arent' like other dogs I can definately attest to that. Great dog, very nice but VERY stubborn. I've had him in multiple training classes, hired professional dog trainers for one on one training, etc. I also have spent time practicing training with him nt just taking him to puppy class not practicing and then wondering why he doesn't listen. This dog does what he wants nad if what you want him to do something nad he doesnt he's not doing it.

Any training tips or tricks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 02:21 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,528,311 times
Sounds like a bloodhound determined and at times single minded and stubborn as a mule.

Have any pics?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,434,710 times
I know it's a 'rare breed' that was just 'developed' in 1971 by some guy that wanted the older style bulldog look but didn't want the breathing problems that a lot of EBD have. So he just played around mixing different breeds to find a mutt that suited him, gave it a name and started breeding them.

Cute dogs, sweet and friendly. But yes, they've got some terrier in them through their APBT lines so they require a knowledgable and strong leader / handler. Cute. Tons of them die in shelters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs