Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,541,706 times

Advertisements

This is so sick!

Puppy dies after being set on fire on Oak Cliff street | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas News on Yahoo! | The Dallas Morning News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 12:32 PM

821 posts, read 861,887 times
Whoa that is horrible

Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM

417 posts, read 1,068,537 times
Oh my gosh..that is absolutely horrible!! Poor pup

Old 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
In these kind of cases I have no problem whatsoever allowing the juries & thereby judges to sentence those found guilty to the same punishment/fate/death they visited upon the helpless animal.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
In these kind of cases I have no problem whatsoever allowing the juries & thereby judges to sentence those found guilty to the same punishment/fate/death they visited upon the helpless animal.
Agreed! They have people investigating, but I doubt they will find anything. Sad but true in this area. If I see pups loose I try to at least see if they have tags, if not I try to contact a rescue to prevent things like this from happening to them.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,436,144 times
There is a lot of this going on lately. That and dumping acid on dogs. What is wrong with our society? I really, truly, honestly believe it's because our judicial system has gotten soft. If they thought they'd get beaten mercilessly or executed do you think they'd still have done it? Some would have I know, but I bet you dollars to donuts the vast majority of the abuse would stop.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
There is a lot of this going on lately. That and dumping acid on dogs. What is wrong with our society? I really, truly, honestly believe it's because our judicial system has gotten soft. If they thought they'd get beaten mercilessly or executed do you think they'd still have done it? Some would have I know, but I bet you dollars to donuts the vast majority of the abuse would stop.
Couldn't agree with you more, and I'm at a loss of what it's going to take to stop people from doing this or stopping this in general. The simple fact that I see strays in the park across from my house more than once a month because people are dumping their dogs because they can't care for them infuriates me. Nothing is being done to stop people from doing this, and how is anyone suppose to find out when they don't have tags or micro-chips.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,436,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, and I'm at a loss of what it's going to take to stop people from doing this or stopping this in general. The simple fact that I see strays in the park across from my house more than once a month because people are dumping their dogs because they can't care for them infuriates me. Nothing is being done to stop people from doing this, and how is anyone suppose to find out when they don't have tags or micro-chips.
We need tougher judges on the bench. Only 'we the people' can do that. The sad fact is so many of the people doing this go on to abuse children and some continue to be serial murderers. Then people notice. If we'd place a higher importance on animal rights laws we could stop these sickos before they get to our children. But until they do, all you hear from people is excuses - 'he was abused by his parents' 'he was picked on by kids in school'. BS. Plenty people have had horrible childhoods and become wonderful humans. It's in who you are at birth and what you choose to do in your life. So sick of the wishy-washys making excuses for behavior like this.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
That is just sick. The people deserve to be jailed

Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,293,444 times
People suck. A few years ago, burglars not only ransacked the house, but put the family dog in the oven and turned it on. The dog did not survive.

Burglars burn dog in oven : News : WPDE

And in May of this year, a 5 year old child put a 4 month old chihuahua into a microwave oven. Dog survived, with severe injuries. I'm sure this kid will be a productive member of society in the future.

Microwaved Chihuahua fights for his life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs