Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,268,886 times

Advertisements

We want you to be aware of the following expanded product recall from P&G:

P&G Expands Voluntary Limited Recall of Specialized Dry Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk

CINCINNATI, July 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ —

The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) (NYSE: PG) is voluntarily expanding its recall to include veterinary and some specialized dry pet food as a precautionary measure because it has the potential to be contaminated with salmonella. No salmonella-related illnesses have been reported.
Product NameVersion "Best-By"
Dates
UPC Code Iams Veterinary Dry FormulasAll dry sizes
and varieties01Jul10 - 01Dec11All UPC CodesEukanuba Naturally WildAll dry sizes
and varieties01Jul10 - 01Dec11All UPC CodesEukanuba PureAll dry sizes
and varieties01Jul10 - 01Dec11All UPC CodesEukanuba Custom Care Sensitive SkinAll dry sizes01Jul10 - 01Dec11All UPC Codes
View full recall alert from P&G.

Salmonella is a group of bacteria that can cause illness in people and pets. If your pet has eaten the product(s) mentioned above and is experiencing diarrhea, fever, or vomiting, please make an appointment for an exam as soon as possible. If you or one of your family members has handled any of these products and is experiencing any symptoms, please contact your physician immediately.

Remember, washing your hands before and after handling any food products is a great way to reduce your risk of contracting infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,023,154 times
I got an email this morning from my local pet shop that Merrick Beef Filet Squares (also called Texas Hold'ems) were also recalled due to salmonella.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:50 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,286,921 times
I saw this on the Dog Food Project's site yesterday. There's a shock, P&G has a recall. EVO, Innova, CA Naturals, and all other Natura products are now owned by P&G. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if I fed any Natura products, you bet I'd be switching!

D, the Merrick was recalled months ago! My friend got an email from the company in like April, telling him to pull them off the shelves. He had bags of that stuff that he sent back to the company!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I saw this on the Dog Food Project's site yesterday. There's a shock, P&G has a recall. EVO, Innova, CA Naturals, and all other Natura products are now owned by P&G. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if I fed any Natura products, you bet I'd be switching!

D, the Merrick was recalled months ago! My friend got an email from the company in like April, telling him to pull them off the shelves. He had bags of that stuff that he sent back to the company!
Re: Merrick recall. I don't give Artie the stuff anyway, but I pay attention to those recalls, just in case. I just got the email this morning so I wonder if it's a new outbreak. I likely got the one in April as well.

Re: P&G. It's just my luck. My local store special-ordered the California Naturals grain-free lamb on Monday, and Jeremy picked it up for me (well, for Artie, actually) on Tuesday. Yesterday, I incorporated some of it into his mix of other grain-free kibble. I can't win! If it's not Diamond stuff, it's the P&G stuff. And Acana and Orijen is not something they carry (or can order). So frustrating!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
I have been trying a small bag of California Natural to see how my guys like it. I was going to switch them over from Solid Gold. Guess I'll stick with what we're using. They've been on it for years and we haven't had a problem. Why fix something that isn't broken, right?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,206 times
I'm trying to figure out if I can afford a new food because Evo is now owned by P&G. Ugh this is so frustrating!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
DandJ, are you going to keep feeding Artie CN? I was just about to buy some until I saw this recall. I don't know what to do now. Right now our puppy is on Beneful that the breeder was giving her, and I wanted to slowly switch to something healthier. Maybe the companies affected are in no way connected to California Natural? Do the ingredients come from separate facilities?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
DandJ, are you going to keep feeding Artie CN? I was just about to buy some until I saw this recall. I don't know what to do now. Right now our puppy is on Beneful that the breeder was giving her, and I wanted to slowly switch to something healthier. Maybe the companies affected are in no way connected to California Natural? Do the ingredients come from separate facilities?
Because CN was not in this recall, and because P&G just recently purchased CN, I'm going to feed him this bag. I got a good deal on it (due to the clerk giving me an incorrect price) -- $47 instead of $60 -- so, due to the recall AND the "new" price, I won't likely buy it again afterward.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:14 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,222 times
How do I get on the recall list if there is one? Just want to keep up to date on the dog food news. Sometimes I need to switch Edison kibble since he gets bored after a couple of months. oyyy.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
How do I get on the recall list if there is one? Just want to keep up to date on the dog food news. Sometimes I need to switch Edison kibble since he gets bored after a couple of months. oyyy.
I have no idea. My local pet store has my email address somehow, and along with monthly flyers and promotions, they send out newsletters and recall notices. Maybe you can ask someone, at the place where you buy your dog food, if they've got an email list...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs