Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:56 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

What are some things you would have never imagined you'd be doing? Then, when you got a dog, it became part of "normal," sometimes daily, routine.

Here are some of mine.

-I never though I'd use my hands to catch dog vomit, in an attempt to stop it from hitting my bed.

-I never thought I'd be reaching deep down into a tail pocket, and pulling out globs and globs of poop.

-"Whose poop is this?!?" is a common phrase in this house. Sometimes, a small piece of poop get stuck to their butt and falls out in a random spot in the house. Unlike a pile of poop, these phantom pieces of poop are not always found as they fall, causing us to ransack the house to find the offending odor.

-Getting a car based on the dogs' needs. If they don't like it, we're not getting it.

-Declining dinner with friends before going out to a show because there is no way we'd leave the dogs home alone for 3 hours, 4 max. We're always rushing home from wherever we are so that they are not alone!

-Inspecting poop, daily. This has become a ritual and any deviation from the normal gets a thorough inspection, usually involving sticks and gagging sounds.

-Interviewing doggie daycares to find the perfect one. I still think people with human kids are crazy when they take months to find the perfect daycare, yet I don't think twice about doing it for my dogs!

-Encouraging my Special Ed boy who is chasing a laser light and repeatedly running into the wall by saying, "Mama is so proud of you! You are so smart!"

-The sentence, "Stop licking your brother's penis!" is heard way too often in this house. Way too often!

-And finally, I never thought I'd be in love with a short, chubby man that snores, farts and has stinky breath. Yet, I was wrong. PC is the love of my life and there is nothing he can do wrong in my eyes! (my husband disagrees and used a word unfamiliar to me and PC-discipline!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
TMI. I was going to point out that people have become domesticated by dogs to take care of them and follow them around with bags to pick up their poop.

The definition of "dysfunctional relationship" is when you sacrifice or put on hold things that you would like to do because you don't want to let down your pet.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:04 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
TMI. I was going to point out that people have become domesticated by dogs to take care of them and follow them around with bags to pick up their poop.

The definition of "dysfunctional relationship" is when you sacrifice or put on hold things that you would like to do because you don't want to let down your pet.
You don't have a dog, do you?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM

609 posts, read 1,260,212 times
lmao!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:58 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
-I never though I'd use my hands to catch dog vomit, in an attempt to stop it from hitting my bed.
My hubby did this but it was in the car's backseat. Now we know that we don't take him out in the car until 30 minutes after eating.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
- Never thought I would get up at o'dark thirty to take a puppy out to pee or risk pee in my face.

- Never thought I would plan my wardrobe around my dogs. I have a tan dog and a black dog and use to wear a lot of black and white shirts....not so much anymore.

- Never thought I would consider investing in the stock of lint rollers and vacuums because they get way more business from me then they should!

- Never thought I would plan my schedule around them. Whether it be a night out with friends, work or school schedule. I make sure I am able to get home within 4-5 hours of being gone so they can go outside.

- Never thought I would be more concerned for my dogs diet than mine. The ingredients in their kibble is far healthier then what I eat everyday!

- Never thought I would be more concerned for my dogs health than my own. They have been to the vet more times in the past 3 years then I have in the past 7.

- Never thought I would wake up at 4am to clean up piles of vomit or diarrhea because they were sick.

- Never thought I would give up sleeping in on the weekend so they can stay on their potty schedule.

- Never thought I would ever get use to the smell of anal gland juice.

- Never thought I would ever smell anal gland juice.

I'm positive there is more, but that's off the top of my head

Old 09-22-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
People need to take their dogs out for a walk and picking up their poop is one part of being a responsible pet owner. There's another thread in this forum about the neighbors dog pooping in the yard

Old 09-22-2010, 12:07 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
People need to take their dogs out for a walk and picking up their poop is one part of being a responsible pet owner. There's another thread in this forum about the neighbors dog pooping in the yard
That must be the other poster's neighbor! Once he steps in a pile of fresh dog poop, he'll be glad when he sees people following their dogs with bags to pick up their poop!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
That must be the other poster's neighbor! Once he steps in a pile of fresh dog poop, he'll be glad when he sees people following their dogs with bags to pick up their poop!
Exactly!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
What are some things you would have never imagined you'd be doing? Then, when you got a dog, it became part of "normal," sometimes daily, routine.

Here are some of mine.

-I never thought I'd be reaching deep down into a tail pocket, and pulling out globs and globs of poop.

-"Whose poop is this?!?" is a common phrase in this house. Sometimes, a small piece of poop get stuck to their butt and falls out in a random spot in the house. Unlike a pile of poop, these phantom pieces of poop are not always found as they fall, causing us to ransack the house to find the offending odor.

-Getting a car based on the dogs' needs. If they don't like it, we're not getting it.

-Declining dinner with friends before going out to a show because there is no way we'd leave the dogs home alone for 3 hours, 4 max. We're always rushing home from wherever we are so that they are not alone!

-Inspecting poop, daily. This has become a ritual and any deviation from the normal gets a thorough inspection, usually involving sticks and gagging sounds.

-Interviewing doggie daycares to find the perfect one. I still think people with human kids are crazy when they take months to find the perfect daycare, yet I don't think twice about doing it for my dogs!

-Encouraging my Special Ed boy who is chasing a laser light and repeatedly running into the wall by saying, "Mama is so proud of you! You are so smart!"

-The sentence, "Stop licking your brother's penis!" is heard way too often in this house. Way too often!

-And finally, I never thought I'd be in love with a short, chubby man that snores, farts and has stinky breath. Yet, I was wrong. PC is the love of my life and there is nothing he can do wrong in my eyes! (my husband disagrees and used a word unfamiliar to me and PC-discipline!)
OMG - MAK - this is hilarious! All the above have been done or said in this house too! More importantly......I needed a good belly laugh today and you just provided it! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs