Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:50 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,219,720 times

Advertisements

We have some of the best posters here. They are all so helpful and caring. Glad your baby is doing better.

Be sure to give them a rep if you liked their post by clicking on the scale icon on the right side of their reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 04:53 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctdolittle View Post
Took him to vet today, and the vet was very pleased with Taz's recovery. Wounds have closed and look good. No swelling which he was amazed that he had none. Bruises are gonna take a little more time. No weight lose...cause he ate scrambled eggs and roast beef...Duh. What else do you feed the KING! They extended the antibiotics for the weekend just to assist his healing. All around terrific news for my little baby Thank you to all that gave me advice and support. This was the only site that got back to me, and I am very greatful!
Kelly
FABULOUS!!!!!!

It's a great group of people who make up this forum. I am ALWAYS comforted here when I have a problem with my dog. My worst incident was when Artie bit someone and was quarantined. Telling my friends here on the forum and hearing what they had to say in return was like walking into a warm hug.

I hope that you never have another problem with Taz, but if you do, you know we're here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
You are welcome from all of us.<I hope I can speak for everyone> I have found this forum to be the best there are always people here that will give you comfort, guidance and just plain good advice. That said I am so glad Taz is doing so much better he is indeed a cutey and of course the "King" gets what he wants to eat.I do have to ask what about the dog/dogs that attacked him? Are the owners going to pay the vet bills? I do hope that he doesn't have to face them again. TAZ you rock
Ditto. (And you can speak for me anytime. )

Old 10-15-2010, 05:00 PM

10 posts, read 21,520 times
Default Sticky situation about dogs that attacked him

Taz was attacked by my inlaws hybrid-wolf dogs. All dogs that have grown up with him since birth. Never a problem before. They have paid for vet bills, and promised to give they wolves away. Taz is 6 1/2 their wolfs are 5yrs to 6 months. We live directly next door with no fence, and they run free. I have a harness for him but his injuries prevent me from using it, but he listens very well and sticks by my side. I carry a golf club if they approach me, but....I am affraid that the will reattack him if they get the chance. I don't think one or two hybrids are bad if trained, but a pack of 6 that have no trainig is not good, and are let to roam all day and night can not be good. Any who I will not go to their house until everyone of them is gone. This is not the first animal they Attacked.
Kelly

Old 10-15-2010, 05:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,516,511 times
Quote:
Taz was attacked by my inlaws hybrid-wolf dogs. All dogs that have grown up with him since birth. Never a problem before. They have paid for vet bills, and promised to give they wolves away. Taz is 6 1/2 their wolfs are 5yrs to 6 months. We live directly next door with no fence, and they run free. I have a harness for him but his injuries prevent me from using it, but he listens very well and sticks by my side. I carry a golf club if they approach me, but....I am affraid that the will reattack him if they get the chance. I don't think one or two hybrids are bad if trained, but a pack of 6 that have no trainig is not good, and are let to roam all day and night can not be good. Any who I will not go to their house until everyone of them is gone. This is not the first animal they Attacked.
Kelly
Oh my I would be afraid they would do it again. Is there somewhere else you could take Taz for a walk?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
I'm thinking fence. Could be helpful in all sorts of ways.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:16 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
yaaaaayyyy for taz..... so happy to hear of his great progress......

as to the dogs that attacked him ..... weeelllll.... i really can't say what i really think about people who keep these kinds of animals under these circumstances......

Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Took him to vet today, and the vet was very pleased with Taz's recovery. Wounds have closed and look good. No swelling which he was amazed that he had none. Bruises are gonna take a little more time. No weight lose...cause he ate scrambled eggs and roast beef...Duh. What else do you feed the KING! They extended the antibiotics for the weekend just to assist his healing. All around terrific news for my little baby Thank you to all that gave me advice and support. This was the only site that got back to me, and I am very greatful!
Kelly
What about chewable baby aspirin for inflammation and pain?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Kelly
This is not the first animal have they ever killed the animal they are attacking if so they will not stop. It is the pack mentality and the dogs need to be put down if they have killed another animal. That makes them dangerous. And should not go to another home.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 PM

10 posts, read 21,520 times
They are trying to get rescue site to take them, and the place they originally bought them. They do realize that once they attack, no one, but an experience hybrid owner could take them. To fence my yard is impossible way to big. I can take him accross the street to run. I also put his harness on last night.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:01 PM

15 posts, read 23,150 times
if the vet let you take him home, they were probably pretty sure he was going to heal;but,once he is better,be careful when you walk him, as he will proabbaly be very skittish if he sees any dogs approaching him ,and might try to pull away or run in the other direction,so make sure you always have some form of id on him.
Years ago my 25 pound dog got attacked by a pyscho cat one day, and no matter which way I tried to pull us away , the cat kept springing back at her til I finally kicked it under a car;;;and I am a rescuer so that is not the thing I ususally do. But after I got her home,I cleaned her wounds,and then found more the next day that I missed, I poured so much peroxide on her that her black fur was bleached brown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs