Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:37 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,921,960 times

Advertisements

I give my dog Dasuquin from our vet. It has helped with her arthritis tremendously, as well as, the almost nightly deep tissue messages I give her.
Really any Glucosamine should work if your dog is at just the beginning stages of arthritis. Just ask your vet for the proper dosage for your dogs weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,412,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
as well as, the almost nightly deep tissue messages I give her.
I bet both of you get something out of the massage time. I know that the time i spent with my Bandit working with his joints and muscles did as much for reducing my stress as it did for relieving his arthritis.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:07 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,921,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I bet both of you get something out of the massage time. I know that the time i spent with my Bandit working with his joints and muscles did as much for reducing my stress as it did for relieving his arthritis.
LOL... That is so true! I think I look forward to massage time more than she does. It definately reduces my blood pressure!

Old 11-21-2010, 11:40 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,983,595 times
I started out with Metacam (meloxicam) very expensive, I didn't realize meloxicam was a human drug.

You can get the pill version for $4.00 at walmart, ask your vet for an rx.

Make sure of the dosing, the tablets are really small, I just needed a 1/4 of a tablet for a 50 lb dog, my dog did well for over 3 yrs, then I needed to increase the dose.

I just feel sad that when I need to start these pain med's on my dogs there is no turning back because they need it to get around.

I had tried Deramaxx (expensive also) but my dog did better with the meloxicam. I tried Tramodol, my dog was tired out, not himself.

For a smaller pet under 30 lbs it'd be hard to break the tablets really small but you can do it.

I always gave with food.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
good to know about the pain meds ...... bailey goes to the vet on wednesday for her knee.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs