Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,984,345 times

Advertisements

Most people who walk their dogs are respectful of others yards but there are a few that have no respect whatsoever. They allow their dogs to pee on someone elses yard. I`ve watched them(they don`t know I`m watching) and the owners look away and try to act nonchilont like nothing is going on. What`s wrong with these people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,866,274 times
pee doesnt bother me so much...unless its getting to the point of damaging the lawn/flower...
poop however is a different matter...

personally though, since youve seen them and it DOES bother you, i would make it a point everytime you see someone letting their dog pee on your yard that you open the door and say "hey thanks for letting yoru dog water my flowers" in a snarky tone...

when people realize their being watched youll find it becomes much less frequent.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:18 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,432,005 times
I personally wouldn't go snarky, I'd try "Would you please not let your dog pee on my (grass, flowers, whatever) BECAUSE (I thinks the because is the important part) it makes brown spots, it kills the flowers, whatever your problem is. I'd save snarky for later if they don't listen.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 PM

I did confront one person and instead of being sorry, their was an excuse. Dog pee leaves a mark on my lawn, not to mention that every dog that walks by it is drawn to that area now. I`ve had some dog poo lately also which inferiates me.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 PM

455 posts, read 1,239,323 times
I own a dog and I clean up after him, nothing infuriates me more than someone else's dog poo at my gate.

Dog wee doesn't bother me tbh. I tend to encourage my dog to use a lamp post or tree but there are occasions when the leg is up and... whoops too late.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,432,005 times
I don't care about pee on my yard either. Are we just used to it as dog owners?

Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,700,354 times
I think that it is very difficult to control where one's dog goes to the bathroom. Poo can be picked up and/or dogs tend to/can be trained to go in the same place. Pee is different, you can't pick it up and, as the OP has remarked, dogs tend to go where other dogs go to mark their territory/dominance.

I would take a different approach. Rather than yelling at people or getting angry about it (let's face it, this doesn't bother most people and I don't think you will get a pleasant reaction from any of your neighbors if you complain, no matter how nicely; however, you do have a right to your feelings), I suggest applying a product that will deter the dogs. I did a search and found this:

Deer Repellent and other Natural Animal Repellents from Liquid Fence

I have never used it, so I don't know how effective it would be but I think that this approach would solve your problems without incurring the wrath of your neighbors (or them incurring yours )

Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
As a dog owner, I NEVER let me dog go on anyone's lawn. We wait till we get to the park or we do it at home in our own yard.

Yesterday, the same guy with some 30 foot leash let his stupid dog tromp through our bushes and pee on our front lawn TWICE in the same day.

I'm spraying Boundary right now.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Stan, what is Boundary and were do you get it?

Starla, that is an excuse to say that one does not have control were their dog pees.How about their own yard..... and who`s "yelling" at people? You put that word in yourself cause I certainly didn`t say that. Matter of fact, it does bother most people that dogs pee on their yard. Starla, it really is a respect issue.That`s what I`m seeing that you are not understanding.It`s my yard, not my neighbors.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:26 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
It bothers me I can tell you. I have a neighbor whose dogs pee where ever they wish, they leave nice yellow circles in my yard. If I wanted dog pee on my lawn I would have a dog myself.

The fact I have cats (indoor only) does not effect anyone else, the same should be true of people who choose to have dogs. I shouldn't have to hear them or SMELL them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs