Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,536,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Bingo!

While I don't think that peeing on her grass would have killed her flowers 40 feet away, and the fact that the first few feet of "your property" are really owned by the town anyway, had she asked me nicely, I would have gladly steered Artie to the other side of the street every time we passed her house.

Not many people know that the city owns 5 feet of easement from the road curb towards the house in our neighborhood too. It's very similar like this every where!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Bingo!

There's a neighbor of mine, around the corner, how has a beautiful garden. It's high up on the yard, though, close to her house, nowhere near the road where we walk.

One day, shortly after we first moved into the neighborhood, she came storming out of her house, yelling like her hair was on fire, "Get your dog away from my yard. I spend a lot of time and money on my garden. If your dog pees here, I'll call the police!"

Really? You'll call the police? REALLY?

While I don't think that peeing on her grass would have killed her flowers 40 feet away, and the fact that the first few feet of "your property" are really owned by the town anyway, had she asked me nicely, I would have gladly steered Artie to the other side of the street every time we passed her house.

I'm not saying that I want him to pee on her lawn out of vengeance now, and I certainly don't want him to poo on it (even though I would pick it up, as per usual) lest she have a heart attack, but yelling at me? Threatening the police? IN CASE he MIGHT pee? You just know people like that are crazy, and spend their day ironing their socks and cover their couches with that plastic stuff.
Air Horns work good on these people as well. This might also work on these grouchy bears. LOL

Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Air Horns work good on these people as well. This might also work on these grouchy bears. LOL
She's old. It might kill her.

Hang on, I'll test it.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
She's old. It might kill her.

Hang on, I'll test it.
LOL

Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
Not many people know that the city owns 5 feet of easement from the road curb towards the house in our neighborhood too. It's very similar like this every where!
Well technically the city does not own the property on an easement but retains the right of access for limited improvements for infrastructure and the like. Easements don't just extend for municipalities but also for state and federal jurisdictions as well. All depends on the location of your property. In my area the standard city easement is ten feet back of curb in the front and five feet from back of property line for the sewer line.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:20 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,558,628 times
I guess I am one, and don't see the issue. If my dog defecates, I bag it and take it away. What's the concern about dog pee?

Do you have squirrels? Birds?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,056,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Well technically the city does not own the property on an easement but retains the right of access for limited improvements for infrastructure and the like. Easements don't just extend for municipalities but also for state and federal jurisdictions as well. All depends on the location of your property. In my area the standard city easement is ten feet back of curb in the front and five feet from back of property line for the sewer line.

Same here. I have a 10' easement in the front and an 8' easement in my rear yard.

And to honest I have three dogs that I walk but I pickup their waste. As far as someone's dog peeing in my yard, it doesn't bother me.

But my next door neighbor has a Great Dane and she was always letting her dog crap in my yard. I asked her repeatedly to stop it but she didn't.

So one day I scooped up several large piles of crap from my yard and placed in at her front door.

She came out for work and stepped in it and let out a scream. I told her that afternoon if she kept it up that from now on I would deposit the crap at both doors and in her car.

That was the last time this idiot let her dog crap in my yard.

busta

Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,680,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Most people who walk their dogs are respectful of others yards but there are a few that have no respect whatsoever. They allow their dogs to pee on someone elses yard. I`ve watched them(they don`t know I`m watching) and the owners look away and try to act nonchilont like nothing is going on. What`s wrong with these people...

Oh MY God!!! A dog peed in your yard!!!!! Shoot it and the neigbor!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:34 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,680,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwlakewylie View Post
My old neighbor used to do this also. When I asked them not to let their dog pee on our lawn, they said female dogs do not cause brown spots, just males. Not sure where they got that from, but I told them nicely that is not true and they stopped. Luckily, they were considerate neighbors. So, maybe this person has the same misconception.

I don't let my dogs walk on anyones lawn, they know they have to stay on the road with me until we get to the empty lots in our neighborhood. This way, a neighbor does not think I am going to let them poop in their yard.

Hope you can work it out with your neighbor.
Doesn't someone own that empty lot? Why do people think it's okay to throw trash and yard debris in empty lots? I guess it's okay as long as it's not dog pee.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM

313 posts, read 709,554 times
Just place a couple of hot dogs in your front yard with some rat poison in them. Problem solved.

Just kidding. Along the same lines but not as extreme get some of those little signs saying your grass was just treated with something that is harmful to animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs