Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I've been thinking about this post, and at the risk of starting another batch of posts that will get deleted. It might seem funny to antagonize people, but you just might do it to someone who will get more & more angry until they retaliate not against you but against your dog. And you can retaliate back against them but it won't bring your dog back. So please for the sake of your dog, don't do it. I know having read a certain deleted post I'm going to be more careful about getting my dogs out into the gutter before they pee.
That is very true. However I don't live my life being afraid. Would be almost impossible for this chap to get to my dog. The anti freeze thing you mentioned in a PM to me is always a potential problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,248,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Snort!

Oh, don't go back-pedalling now. It's your lawn, it's your pee, it's all good. Unless, of course, your neighbors get upset at the flashing part of the event.
Well, I noticed that every one else here uses a leash. We have some, but the only time the boys were on the leashes, was at obedience classes. With 87 acres of swamp and ledge, not much need of them of pooper scoopers.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
I don't see the problem with pee in the yard as long as it's not on flowers or plants. And we most definitely pick up all our dogs' poo. I think getting upset over a dog peeing in grass is slightly a little over the top. There are so many things in life that are worth worry or two...this is wasted energy in my opinion.

But if a homeowner found my dogs' peeing in their grass super upsetting and the owner asked (hopefully nicely) me not to allow my dogs to do their business any more in their yard...I would respect that wish. Oh course, I would be laughing (in my mind) at how uptight and rigid their life must be.

EXACTLY.... several years ago, i had a neighbor open his door and glare at me while bailey was sniffing his mailbox stand .... one of this big brick things.... she didn't pee or anything.... just sniffed.... but he sure was worried.....

Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 AM

14,491 posts, read 20,683,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Most people who walk their dogs are respectful of others yards but there are a few that have no respect whatsoever. They allow their dogs to pee on someone elses yard. I`ve watched them(they don`t know I`m watching) and the owners look away and try to act nonchilont like nothing is going on. What`s wrong with these people...
Check your city laws.

Here is our's:
Article II
Pets
Section 6-36
Any person walking, or owning an animal, is required to clean up any waste deposited by the animal on public property, or the private property of anyone other than the property of the animal's owner.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,780,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Check your city laws.

Here is our's:
Article II
Pets
Section 6-36
Any person walking, or owning an animal, is required to clean up any waste deposited by the animal on public property, or the private property of anyone other than the property of the animal's owner.
Howard - May I ask how dog pee can be cleaned up?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,041,951 times
i was wondering the same thing.....

Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 AM

14,491 posts, read 20,683,469 times
the second comment, in this thread, mentioned poop.
So, without reading all 4 pages, I assumed that poop is also a problem with people who walk their dogs.
It is for the couple who live across the street from me. They have no pets but step in poop very often.

Our law allows the police to be called if we see the dog PEE or whatever, or have a video of it and can ID the dog owner.
The embarassment of having the police knock on their door, for letting their dog do his thing might be a deterrent.

A big question which dog owners (the ones that let their pets use other people's yard for bodily waste) do not want to answer is:
why don't you let your dog pee and poop in your own yard?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,536,626 times
Ah Howard, you must not own a dog. It's kind of like people who don't give me a few feet of clearance while I am road running and there is not even another car coming in sight. I always chalk it up to the fact they don't get it...they are not active people, because if they were they would get it.

And no, poop wasn't an issue with the OP...you may want to read it. And our dogs do their business in their yard. When we walk them we go on long walks and they have bathroom urges here and there. My dog's remain on leash but will use the edge of a lawn.

Again, I stick with my same point...life can be so beautiful if you don't allow yourself to get bogged down by some of the small stuff. There are many great dog owners out there and yes, unfortunately there are a few bad ones too...but that's life. And no, you will not find any owner walking around with a pee cup to catch their dog's urine.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:43 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
Quote:
I don't see the problem with pee in the yard as long as it's not on flowers or plants. And we most definitely pick up all our dogs' poo. I think getting upset over a dog peeing in grass is slightly a little over the top. There are so many things in life that are worth worry or two...this is wasted energy in my opinion.

But if a homeowner found my dogs' peeing in their grass super upsetting and the owner asked (hopefully nicely) me not to allow my dogs to do their business any more in their yard...I would respect that wish. Oh course, I would be laughing (in my mind) at how uptight and rigid their life must be.
Bingo!

There's a neighbor of mine, around the corner, who has a beautiful garden. It's high up on the yard, though, close to her house, nowhere near the road where we walk.

One day, shortly after we first moved into the neighborhood, she came storming out of her house, yelling like her hair was on fire, "Get your dog away from my yard. I spend a lot of time and money on my garden. If your dog pees here, I'll call the police!"

Really? You'll call the police? REALLY?

While I don't think that peeing on her grass would have killed her flowers 40 feet away, and the fact that the first few feet of "your property" are really owned by the town anyway, had she asked me nicely, I would have gladly steered Artie to the other side of the street every time we passed her house.

I'm not saying that I want him to pee on her lawn out of vengeance now, and I certainly don't want him to poo on it (even though I would pick it up, as per usual) lest she have a heart attack, but yelling at me? Threatening the police? IN CASE he MIGHT pee? You just know people like that are crazy, and spend their day ironing their socks and cover their couches with that plastic stuff.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Ah Howard, you must not own a dog. It's kind of like people who don't give me a few feet of clearance while I am road running and there is not even another car coming in sight. I always chalk it up to the fact they don't get it...they are not active people, because if they were they would get it.

And no, poop wasn't an issue with the OP...you may want to read it. And our dogs do their business in their yard. When we walk them we go on long walks and they have bathroom urges here and there. My dog's remain on leash but will use the edge of a lawn.

Again, I stick with my same point...life can be so beautiful if you don't allow yourself to get bogged down by some of the small stuff. There are many great dog owners out there and yes, unfortunately there are a few bad ones too...but that's life. And no, you will not find any owner walking around with a pee cup to catch their dog's urine.
That would be a sight LOL.

I'll say it again quit staring out your front windows people your wasting your lives. Get a hobby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs