Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 01:25 AM

18,741 posts, read 33,468,225 times

Advertisements

Whoever recommended Full Life Rescue outside Pittsburgh, just wanted you to know I've become a regular supporter and think the world of them. I did have to fess up to being an atheist, but their full life idea sure works well, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 07:05 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,066,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Whoever recommended Full Life Rescue outside Pittsburgh, just wanted you to know I've become a regular supporter and think the world of them. I did have to fess up to being an atheist, but their full life idea sure works well, too.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:09 AM

553 posts, read 1,547,099 times
I've never heard of this. Please tell us more about Full Life Rescue. What is it? Where is it located? How have you helped? What has it taught you?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:59 AM

18,741 posts, read 33,468,225 times
It's a 2-person (?) rescue outside Pittsburgh, a registered charity. I think they rescue and keep animals, hope to adopt them out if possible, but are not a shelter. Their newsletter has a lot of God talk, not normally my speed, but someone on the forum mentioned the group- Maybe it was regarding a specific notable case? I really don't remember, but I like their newsletter, I like their work. With recent financial decisions drawing down my contributions to charities, I have decided to focus a lot on small groups/people who might be tilting at windmills, but... (I do give to larger established groups, just cut down the larger monthly amounts).
What did it teach me? That almost sounds like a "summary" question at the end of a chapter of a textbook! No, it didn't teach me not to be an atheist (I think that's really the question). I do have a close friend who is a believer and we have very interesting discussions about what's important, the heart of the matter, etc. Personally, I don't care about someone's beliefs or not- I'm interested in their actions. If they are compassionate and clear and ethical, I don't care if it comes from doing a sacrifical chicken dance, daily prayer, or anything else. (I say "ethical" because that, to me, refers to one's actions in the world, in the community, whereas "moral" seems to imply one's relationship/actions regarding a god belief).
Anyway. I like the hell out of Full Life Rescue and plan to donate regularly. I just can't remember who or in what context that name came up on this forum. Anyone remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs