Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,074,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamam311 View Post
How much do you guys think the vet bill will be? And how long do u have to pay it? Sorry never had to do this before
I hope you don't mean you have NEVER had your dogs to the vet. What about their vacinations?

The vet bill could be just the cost of an office call, less than $50, or more, depending on what is wrong. Remember, they will not force you to do expensive tests, they will tell you the cost of each test up front, you can decline if you have to. Sometimes they can tell what is wrong without tests. Then you discuss what treatment is needed, if any, and the cost. Treatment could just be some medication. You owe it to your dog to at least see a vet.

If you think money may be a problem, I would try calling the animal shelters in your area, they may be able to tell you which vet is the most economical or which vet is willing to make payment arrangements.

I wish you luck and I hope your dog does not have anything seriously wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM

149 posts, read 262,574 times
Thanks! And my pups have been to the vet lol free vaccinations from the adoption center. Just never had a problem like this! Going tonight! Wish us luck!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks! And my pups have been to the vet lol free vaccinations from the adoption center. Just never had a problem like this! Going tonight! Wish us luck!

Great! Will be thinking of you and your fur baby and sending good thoughts your way.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM

126 posts, read 327,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Coughing can also be a symptom of congestive heart failure.

Glad you are going to take her to the vet.......better safe than sorry.
Our Terrier mix had this and we took him to the vet..this is exactly what it was..He has to be on heart medicine. You should really take your dog to the vet asap..best wishes.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM

Thank u!! I called the vet.. we have an appointment in the fifteenth. I'm really nervous for my princess. She is my only daughter

Old 04-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Thank u!! I called the vet.. we have an appointment in the fifteenth. I'm really nervous for my princess. She is my only daughter
OK....the 15th........I will be waiting to hear good news. I hope it is just the reverse sneezing thing.....I had a dog that used to do that once in awhile.

BTW........how old is your little girl?

Old 04-07-2011, 04:10 PM

265 posts, read 953,827 times
Wow you have to wait until the 15th to see your dog? That seems a bit long. Can another vet see the dog sooner?

We went through this with both our cat and dog around Thansgiving. Each time it happened our dogs gums would go pale. I freaked out since I'm a neurotic mom and contacted a vet in our area since we use a mobile vet usually and she was out of town for the holiday. They told me to take her in right away (The day after Thanksgiving). It turned out to be a reverse sneeze probably brought on by a virus and they told me to give the dog regular benadryl to dry her up a bit.

Hope that's all it is for your dog as well.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 AM

She has been doing great! She's laying right next to me. And unfortunately this is the vet that works with our situation best. Hopefully its nothing. Her gums don't change color or any other symptoms. .. that's pretty scary! Does anybody's dog get the hiccups? She gets them... funny or strange? LolLol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs