Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,205,220 times

Advertisements

Hooray!!! I hope it all works out for you and I totally understand where you are coming from when you are drawn to a specific dog. I'd had a couple Shar-peis who are no longer with us and was going to wait and get another, but something, I don't know if it was the eyes or what, kept drawing me back to this rescued Aussie BC almost daily......she's sitting in my lap as we speak!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:06 AM

417 posts, read 1,068,966 times
Congrats Dashdog!! That is so exciting and I'm sure Zelda will fit in with your pack perfectly! Best of luck with puppyhood!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,598,304 times
LuAnn pulled Zelda from the shelter today and took her to be boarded at her vets and sent this photo from her phone. She says she is very sweet..I hope that is true!

I was going to try to fly out tomorrow morning get her and fly home in the evening but if anything went wrong that would make me miss the flight home as with the time difference it did not leave much time ( and it is Friday the 13th!!!) Soooo I have decided to change a work day with a coworker and will fly out on Wed. Hopefully take LuAnn to dinner that night Pick the pup up the next day and fly out that evening. So hopefully it all goes well. I just know when things are too rushed things go wrong so this will be better.

Looking at the photo LuAnn sent I am not seeing any cattle dog and wonder if they meant aussie? Who cares she is one cutie pie. I have to get things ready for her now as I plan to take the crate with me as it will be my baggage and I will fly her as checked baggage, Got her an ID Tag and Collar. Hopefully we will have a nice trip and meeting Luann and her aussie Chance will be a huge bonus as I met her on this board on the nasal cancer thread when she was dealing with her previous aussie, Guy's nasal cancer and death and Right away I felt if I ever met her in person I would like her so we have stayed in touch via E-mail and now facebook and now just like some of you I will get to meet some one from these boards!How fun is that? I told her she can be Zelda's Godmother! I am changing Zelda's name to Chaos as I know that is what she will bring to my currently quite home!!!! so here is Miss Chaos more photos to follow once I have her with me!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:58 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,414,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
LuAnn pulled Zelda from the shelter today and took her to be boarded at her vets and sent this photo from her phone. She says she is very sweet..I hope that is true!

I was going to try to fly out tomorrow morning get her and fly home in the evening but if anything went wrong that would make me miss the flight home as with the time difference it did not leave much time ( and it is Friday the 13th!!!) Soooo I have decided to change a work day with a coworker and will fly out on Wed. Hopefully take LuAnn to dinner that night Pick the pup up the next day and fly out that evening. So hopefully it all goes well. I just know when things are too rushed things go wrong so this will be better.

Looking at the photo LuAnn sent I am not seeing any cattle dog and wonder if they meant aussie? Who cares she is one cutie pie. I have to get things ready for her now as I plan to take the crate with me as it will be my baggage and I will fly her as checked baggage, Got her an ID Tag and Collar. Hopefully we will have a nice trip and meeting Luann and her aussie Chance will be a huge bonus as I met her on this board on the nasal cancer thread when she was dealing with her previous aussie, Guy's nasal cancer and death and Right away I felt if I ever met her in person I would like her so we have stayed in touch via E-mail and now facebook and now just like some of you I will get to meet some one from these boards!How fun is that? I told her she can be Zelda's Godmother! I am changing Zelda's name to Chaos as I know that is what she will bring to my currently quite home!!!! so here is Miss Chaos more photos to follow once I have her with me!
Dash - she is a very very pretty girl! I wish I was closer to Dallas so I could help. All fingers, toes & paws are crossed here for you and for Chaos (aka Zelda). I know she will bring joy as well as chaos to your life! Good luck!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,205,220 times
Awwwwwwwwwwe! How sweet. That little headrest move - melt your heart to the core.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,701,516 times
What an adventure! Thanks for saving her, btw! If she needs to run off a little steam on Wed. you can take her to the Irving dog park --- which is right at the shelter near the airport. If you run into any transportation issues, or need anything let me know. I live in Irving, too. Even if she turns out to be very different from what you expected, it will be such a fun story in your life.

Please keep us posted, or if you start a blog about her (you could call it Dashin' after a Dog named Chaos ) let us know about that so we can piggyback on the fun.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
What an adventure! Thanks for saving her, btw! If she needs to run off a little steam on Wed. you can take her to the Irving dog park --- which is right at the shelter near the airport. If you run into any transportation issues, or need anything let me know. I live in Irving, too. Even if she turns out to be very different from what you expected, it will be such a fun story in your life.

Please keep us posted, or if you start a blog about her (you could call it Dashin' after a Dog named Chaos ) let us know about that so we can piggyback on the fun.

The problem with the dog park is she is too young so is not done with her shots so taking her and letting her run at a dogpark is more of a risk then I will take with a puppy. I see people bring pups that are too young to the dog park all the time butI feel better safe then sorry especially since Parvo seems to not be that rare these days.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,241,884 times
Congrats, she is a living doll. BUT, and I'm just giving my experience, I would never fly a pet again. I lived in Ca. and had my Abby flown from Mo., it seemed to go perfect, she seemed healthy & perfect. We noticed after a few days she pawed at her ear a lot. Took her to the vet, they thought she had a ear infection. I wish... They think the plane ride made her ear drum burst. This poor little girl has been through hell, had a $3500 surgery, they removed her whole ear canal. So she only has hearing in 1 ear, it has cost almost $4500 with meds & vet visits, and it still itches her like crazy. I feel so guilty that I probably caused this to happen, just cause I too saw her pic. & fell in love. I know the odds of this happening are very low, but wanted you to have all the facts. And I had a non blood "brother" shipped at the same time with no problems, except you cant drag this little guy for a car ride. lol I wonder if he's scared of a another plane ride...

Good luck & I am so glad your saving this sweetie pie.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:49 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,046,065 times
she sure is a pretty girl .... and yes, i am seeing more aussie than cattle dog in her.... every now and again, people get the 2 confused.....

bet you're gonna have your hands full once she gets settled in with you.... can't wait for progress reports......

Old 05-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Congrats, she is a living doll. BUT, and I'm just giving my experience, I would never fly a pet again. I lived in Ca. and had my Abby flown from Mo., it seemed to go perfect, she seemed healthy & perfect. We noticed after a few days she pawed at her ear a lot. Took her to the vet, they thought she had a ear infection. I wish... They think the plane ride made her ear drum burst. This poor little girl has been through hell, had a $3500 surgery, they removed her whole ear canal. So she only has hearing in 1 ear, it has cost almost $4500 with meds & vet visits, and it still itches her like crazy. I feel so guilty that I probably caused this to happen, just cause I too saw her pic. & fell in love. I know the odds of this happening are very low, but wanted you to have all the facts. And I had a non blood "brother" shipped at the same time with no problems, except you cant drag this little guy for a car ride. lol I wonder if he's scared of a another plane ride...

Good luck & I am so glad your saving this sweetie pie.

Thanks for the info Things can go wrong but so can travel in a car and more people die or are injured in car accidents then airplanes so we are always at risk. I do not think you should feel guilty as things like that happen are out of our control and as humans that is something we must accept. No one is to blame as it is just one of those things that happen. You saved that pup so give yourself a high five for that and let the guilt go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs