Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 AM

10 posts, read 60,444 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone..

So I was wondering if anyone had opinions on what Bella is mixed with (if anything else at all)..She's obviously a Pit bull mix -- we suspect maybe mixed with Boxer? But nobody knows for sure because she was found on the streets as a stray. I will say she doesn't have many pit-bull traits as she is GREAT with all dogs and very gassy like a Boxer.. eek lol. She's also got tons of extra skin flapping around/wrinkles, which we adore, but not too common in pits I don't think... Anyone think she's mixed with something else?

her guilty face

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,174,303 times
my niece has a pitbull mix that is the biggest baby. Hers is mixed with beagle but it is about the size of yours though. Your dog's face reminds me of beagle. I called my beagle over so I could look at her face and the pictures you posted. lol. I am not an expert by any means. I believe you can get a DNA test done if you really wanted to find out.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:03 AM

247 posts, read 499,225 times
your dog has an almost identical facial shape, bone structure, build, ect to my dog Buddy. we got him from the animal shelter a couple years ago so were not 100% sure what he is but its obvious theres Pitbull in him. The animal shelter labeled him a 'Hound mix' though. so maybe a Pitbull-Hound mix?

Old 05-24-2011, 05:41 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,459,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynzf1nest View Post
Hi everyone..

So I was wondering if anyone had opinions on what Bella is mixed with (if anything else at all)..She's obviously a Pit bull mix -- we suspect maybe mixed with Boxer? But nobody knows for sure because she was found on the streets as a stray. I will say she doesn't have many pit-bull traits as she is GREAT with all dogs and very gassy like a Boxer.. eek lol. She's also got tons of extra skin flapping around/wrinkles, which we adore, but not too common in pits I don't think... Anyone think she's mixed with something else?

OMG - she's beyond precious - I love her!!!!

Don't let people and BS media hype pull you in. Pitties are very commonly wonderful with other dogs. I've been running a rescue for the last 17 years now. I always have a 'pack mom' that's the mother hen to the other dogs and does a great job raising the puppies that have been pulled away from mom too early. Right now, that's a Staffie, which is one of the 'pitbull' breeds. She's easily one of the best I've ever had. She spends her day going dog to dog in the house making sure the little kids are behaving themselves and playing nice and mothering and cleaning the older ones.

This past weekend I had four of the pittie breeds in my house with 14 other dogs. Two belong to my daughter in Florida and she brought them up when she came to visit. The other two are mine. Even though they'd never met they got along wonderfully with the other dogs, including two fosters that came in (chi mixes) that were horribly unsocialized. Most of the dogs in my house are small breed, and most of those are chihuahuas.

So please don't believe pits are aggressive to other dogs or humans. Like any breed, they can be aggressive to either when they're not properly socialized or trained, but as a whole the pitties rank consistently in the top percentiles in temperament testing year after year by the ATTS. They've even scored better than a Golden Retriever!

As far as what she's mixed with, not a clue - just tons of cute!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:22 AM

3,606 posts, read 9,077,063 times
She is just gorgeous!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,896,434 times
shes beautiful, id personally say pit x cur (or similar medium slighlty "wrinkly" hound or possbly pit x pei...which is unfortunatly becomming a more popular mix for people breediding "tough dogs" due to the peis tendency towars general agression when not bred correctly (sharpei are amazing dogs but they tend not to like strangers and need to be highly socilizedas puppies) so the idea being taking agressive peis and mizing them with the typically very human frinedly pitty will give them a more "people agressive dog" the ones that dont turn out that way are often used as bait dogs or dumped on the streets.

shes beautiful i LOVE her eyes!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:39 AM

30,654 posts, read 16,316,763 times
yup-her eyes and her ears. Maybe a touch of Dumbo?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 AM

909 posts, read 3,368,661 times
LOL, she's got the same wrinkled forehead as my Shep> He's got a lot of extra skin around the neck too. It's like he had liposuction, although his neck is actually pretty thick,lol. Cute dog!
What a sweet extression! Here's the link to my pics on the other thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...s-lineage.html

Old 05-24-2011, 01:11 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,459,786 times
She is stunning! She does look a little houndy to me. As far as gas goes, my APBT is the gassiest dog I've ever had. So she doesn't need Boxer in the mix for that, and really I don't see any.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 AM

38,995 posts, read 22,997,708 times
That face! So kissable!

I'm not an expert by any means, but my guess would be she's mixed with shar pei because of the facial wrinkles. My sister has a red-nosed pit bull who's just the most loving, gentlest dog around. I posted a picture of him in the Dog Pictures thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs