Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,869,572 times

Advertisements

Ummm, roaring violet, you just reminded someone of a painful time - that thread was just over 2 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM

18,126 posts, read 11,768,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Ummm, roaring violet, you just reminded someone of a painful time - that thread was just over 2 years old.

SouthernBelle,
I apologize for the newbie bringing up an old sensitive thread. I'm sure the member stumbled upon this thread during a search for information.
Take care,
2goldens

Old 08-12-2009, 08:03 PM

557 posts, read 2,612,337 times
I'm so sorry you lost your dear little one! Thank you for reminding others of the dangers out there. Another thing to remember is to not allow our dogs to drink from puddles, small ponds, water that is stagnant and could be polluted by wild animals. I had one dog who liked to drink from puddles and she developed giardia, protozoan-caused diarrhea.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:08 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,022,952 times
My heart breaks for you. I would be devastated if anything happened to my little ones.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:05 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,768,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunInHair View Post
I'm so sorry you lost your dear little one! Thank you for reminding others of the dangers out there. Another thing to remember is to not allow our dogs to drink from puddles, small ponds, water that is stagnant and could be polluted by wild animals. I had one dog who liked to drink from puddles and she developed giardia, protozoan-caused diarrhea.

This post reminds me of the ill-faded video I saw last week on the St. Bernard drinking the green water. I will never forget that video.

Dogs deserve fresh drinking water just as humans do.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieJean View Post
I have just recently lost my Shih-Tzu dog Zoe. She had been acting strangely for about 2 weeks and when she stopped eating we took her to the vet...3 times in a week. He told us that she only thought she was pregnant and that was the reason for her behavor. I left for a trip thinking when I came home she would be laying on the bed waiting for me. Well my husband called the day after I left and told me that she had died. He took her to the vet hospital (while she was alive) and she died on the table. Her little heart stopped. The vet told us that she had been poisined. I often took her on a walk around a pond that we have near our home.
Some people take things that they know dogs will eat and lace them with poision. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE when you go out in public with your little friend DO NOT let them eat anything off the ground. There are some very very sick people in this world.

Zoe has an online memorial that you can access here...

[URL="http://www.ilovedmypet.com/view.asp?id=24327"]ILovedMyPet.com]ILovedMyPet.com - Search for an Online Memorial[/URL][/b] - Online Memorial for Zoe Raine (broken link)
>>>>>>>>>

I am so sorry about your loss. We lost our 13 year old male Pekingese last year in October and even at his age it was sudden and could have been poison. There are cruel people in this world.

At any rate we have an aging female Peke that we love and a new guy about a year old plus a rescued Black Lab who adores and is at the mercy of the "short ones". She tucks in beside them to sleep in the sun coming in the windows on cold days like today.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,054,168 times
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 PM

810 posts, read 1,764,034 times
I am so sorry about Zoe. That is heartbreaking and I will make triple sure that my dogs do not eat anything that they find. I am actually a bit neurotic and I don't even like them playing with a ball that the neighbors kids throw over the fence.
I can't even imagine the heartache you are feeling. I know this doesn't provide any comfort but Zoe will be there waiting at the rainbow bridge for you.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,482,772 times
there seems to be a rash of old threads reappearing...and they seem to primarily involve dying dogs. Odd.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:50 PM

166 posts, read 790,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
there seems to be a rash of old threads reappearing...and they seem to primarily involve dying dogs. Odd.
There seems to be a lot of that period on CD lately. Three and four year old threads opened like the original poster posted yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs