Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 AM

35 posts, read 268,721 times

Advertisements

I have just recently lost my Shih-Tzu dog Zoe. She had been acting strangely for about 2 weeks and when she stopped eating we took her to the vet...3 times in a week. He told us that she only thought she was pregnant and that was the reason for her behavor. I left for a trip thinking when I came home she would be laying on the bed waiting for me. Well my husband called the day after I left and told me that she had died. He took her to the vet hospital (while she was alive) and she died on the table. Her little heart stopped. The vet told us that she had been poisined. I often took her on a walk around a pond that we have near our home.
Some people take things that they know dogs will eat and lace them with poision. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE when you go out in public with your little friend DO NOT let them eat anything off the ground. There are some very very sick people in this world.

Zoe has an online memorial that you can access here...

http://www.ilovedmypet.com/view.asp?id=24327]ILovedMyPet.com[/b] - Online Memorial for Zoe Raine (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:27 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,357,366 times
That is so sad - so sorry for you. Thanks for the heads up. Dogs do like to eat anything they can get their hands on. And there are some sick people out there.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,847,394 times
I am so sorry about you doggie. God Bless Her...

Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,174,890 times
That's horrible! I'm so sorry for you loss!.. You know, back when we just had Brooklyn, our male, he started getting really sick for a while. He was throwing up, he had the runs, etc and because I freak out over every little thing when it comes to my babies, I was convinced that he was being poisoned! Plus, our babies are APBTs and a lot of people don't like "pit bulls" so, that made me even more sure that someone was poisoning him! I had seen a show on the news about people putting stuff (I guess little pieces of food with rat poison in them) alone the edge of their yard so if a dog is on a walk and walks into their yard to go potty, they will find it and eat it. My husband thought I was crazy because we took him to the vet and the vet told us no he wasn't being poisoned, he must have eaten something that didn't agree with him! He seemed to start getting better within a few days so, we just forgot about it. We kept walking him on his normal walks and then a few days later he was sick again! We took him back to the vet and the vet told us the same thing again! After that we started to walk him a different way, the block we use to walk him around didn't have many dog owners and there are a few people that live a few houses down from us that HATE dogs! So we started to walk him around the other block where most people have dogs and within 2 days he was fine and we haven't had a problem since then! I'm sure that someone was putting something in their yard! That is so scary and so sad to think that someone would even think to do that! Some people are just really disturbed!

Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,471,642 times
Oh how awful SammieJean ! I'm so sorry for your loss.

So you know the location where your dog ingested the poison (at the lake)? Are you considering contacting the police?

They may or may not be able to pinpoint which neighbor left the poison there, but you just never know. One neighbor may be able to tip off the police about another neighbor.....sometimes these things will surface. At the very least, your complaint would be on file in case, sadly, it happened again to another dog . You might also want to contact your local news station.

I hope you and your husband are doing okay, it must be very sad around your house right now .

Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieJean View Post
I have just recently lost my Shih-Tzu dog Zoe. She had been acting strangely for about 2 weeks and when she stopped eating we took her to the vet...3 times in a week. He told us that she only thought she was pregnant and that was the reason for her behavor. I left for a trip thinking when I came home she would be laying on the bed waiting for me. Well my husband called the day after I left and told me that she had died. He took her to the vet hospital (while she was alive) and she died on the table. Her little heart stopped. The vet told us that she had been poisined. I often took her on a walk around a pond that we have near our home.
Some people take things that they know dogs will eat and lace them with poision. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE when you go out in public with your little friend DO NOT let them eat anything off the ground. There are some very very sick people in this world.

Zoe has an online memorial that you can access here...

http://www.ilovedmypet.com/view.asp?id=24327]ILovedMyPet.com[/b] - Online Memorial for Zoe Raine (broken link)

Sorry to hear this. *I wasn't able to pull up your link*

Did you call the police and whereabouts are you located?

If you have the slightest inclination that the dog was poisoned, a police report needs to be filed ASAP.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 PM

35 posts, read 268,721 times
Dear All,
Thank you very much for your concerns.

To those of you who tried to access the link... I do not know why the link made all the other gibberish after the original link. BUT if you go to w ww.ilovedmypet.com and then when the page has loaded, there is a little box on the left hand side of the page that says 'find a pet'. Her name is Zoe Raine and we live in Germany. That should work. She says thanks for visiting her page .

As for the police thing...LOL... I am currently living in Germany, which I have nothing against, But the police would not care at all about what happened. The pond that we walked around is in Weisbaden (Germany). It is near alot of shopping places and there are around 10-200 at the particular area any given nice day. Germany is weird (to me) about what is important and what is not...

Last edited by SammieJean; 08-06-2007 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 PM

130 posts, read 527,690 times
I am also sorry to hear about your loss on the baby! I worry about my dogs getting poisened all the time. Whenever I hear them bark I am right at the back window. We have to live in fear for our children and now our animals? Sad! I cant even read the paper anymore. A month ago, 20 miles north of the Twin Cities a family with 4 cats discovered the youngest was missing and couldnt find her anywhere. 4 days later they found the head of the cat thrown in there front yard. Someone thought it would be funny to behead there animal and show them! I know this isnt the first case nor the last! We all need to pray for our helpless loving pets too.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:54 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,171,193 times
I, too, am so sorry to hear about Zoe.

We lost the first dog I remember as a child, a beautiful collie, from poisoning, also. We never knew who did it or why, he was in a fenced-in yard. The vet said they must have thrown some laced meat over the fence. Sickos were around, even in the 60s.

Thanks for posting. Maybe you've saved somebody else's baby by making them more aware of the dangers out there.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 9,602 times
I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs