Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times

Advertisements

Ok now i can understand playing with the dog, and the dog playing back with your friend, that is normal. Biting, or nibbling on the dogs ear, a bit weird. The thing i am not happy with is that the dog by yelping, was letting your friend know that he was in discomfort, and your friend did not seem to care. Moron.

What is his problem. If this dog now bites, it is your friends fault, that is being abusive to this poor animal. I would not be around this person any longer, and i would kidnap the dog. Don't trust this person to be alone with the poor dog. Your friend deserves to be bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,869,986 times
missed this thread somehow...
but heres my take on the situation

kidnapping the dog is not only a BAD idea but a terrible one.
if you truly belive he was hurting the dog call animal control and file a complaint...
do you realy want to end up in any kind of legal trouble for stealing the guys dog when he may just be dumb enough to not realize what hes doing?

now i will say im one of those weird people who plays "chew the doggy" our male chihuahua is a stick in the mud, he will not play with toys, he wont play wiht the other dogs...however if you play "whos mouth is bigger" whihc involves opening your mouth in his face and making arrggggg yaaaarrrr sounds he gets all excited, he begins playing whos mouth is bigger, and then you mouth at him and he pops you on the nose with his paw...
and the entire time is filled with yipping and arrrr int and funny noises that realy deos sound like were hurting him sometimes hbut he aboslulty LOVES this game.

and my cresties favorite game is "pull each others legs off" where they lightally bite eachothers ankles and pull eachothers legs...how this is a fun game i dont know but they both do it and it seems ot be realitivly popular and ofllowed wiht racing round waking tails and again alot of noise that half the time sounds like they are killng eachother.
my point being some dogs are simply noisey players.

now if the guys using his teeth and pulling hard enough to illicit sharp yelps, then thats one thing, id certainly point it out, and potentially call it abuse if hes not interested in listenling to reason...

in this case it doesnt sound like purposefull abuse, just a guy who thinks its fun and a puppy who probbaly doesnt agree...talk to him seriously and tell him to some that could be considered abuse because the puppy doesnt enjoy it and its not a layfull yelp.

if however it sounds more like no teeth gentle tuging and general "noise" (is the tail wagging does the puppy try to escape or cower around him ect) then i wouldnt be too worried.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:16 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,930,116 times
When a animal is yelping he is pain so your PSYCHO friend is HURTING this dog.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,584 times
ANIMAL ABUSE - that dog should be removed from that home immediately - you can look up on www.petfinder.com a list of shelters in every state - call one local to you and get the dog out of there - i would say take the dog home with you however im sure your friend will be angry and you may have to call animal control to have him removed - any animal that yelps is in pain - the issue is not if the dog will bite - the issue is his abusive behavior to that poor dog -FYI a dog's nose and ears are very sensitive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs