Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,514 times

Advertisements

I swear my minpin, Tiko is an emo dog. For example he seems to be mad at me for the rest of the day if I left him at the groomers for a couple hours. He would ignore my calls or seem disinterested only towards me. I've always found this behavior to be fascinating, but absolutely adorable. It's like a child mad at the parents. "I'm sorry Tiko, I'll never leave you at the groomers again. Here is a treat. Are we good now?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM

675 posts, read 1,817,371 times
After I gave him a shower, I tried to brush my Sheltie's hair, he seemed hate that and showed teeth to me

Old 09-30-2011, 11:14 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,475,255 times
LOL my dog gives us silent treatment if we DON'T play the "red laser" with him. It's really intended for the cats, since I play with them and they bounce around the entire upstairs. As soon as he hears them running and their collars jingling, he barrels up the steps and tries to find the red laser, and goes berserk. I always yell at him to stop since it ruins my playtime with my two kitties. The funny thing is that it's HIS turn next but he's too impatient to wait. So he storms down to his dog bed and slams himself in it, and turns his nose up at me until I'm ready to play with him, then he's like "OK FORGIVEN! PLAYING NOW BRB"

Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,791 times
I don't notice that MY dog gets mad/holds a grudge, but my parents' dog does. She's very sensitive and will get her feelings hurt if you raise your voice to her or get mad at her. And if she's mad at YOU, she will sulk in silence and act all aggrieved and offended and even act out of spite. Her favorite revenge tactic is The Spiteful Pee, and usually she'll do it ON the bed.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
No, but the cat definitely pouts, he gets extremely pouty after being bathed, and will refuse to acknowledge me for the rest of the day.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,167,729 times
Every time I bring a foster dog home, or she has to interact with a puppy (eww, ick, yuck, it's TOUCHING me OMG!!1!1!!11) Fiona gives me the silent treatment.

Sees puppy or other dog in the house. "OMFG. Another one. Ugh."
Ignore other dog. "There is no such thing as a new dog in my presence. Nope."
Snarl at other dog, repeatedly. "grrrrsnnnarrrllll grrrrr snap snap."
Ignore me. I'll say her name and she will deliberately turn her back and sit facing away from me.
Snarl at other dog some more.
Herd other dog around the house. Lots more snarling. For a small dog, she can sound fairly terrifying.
Ignore me some more.

This can go on for days, actually. Until the new dog is abject and terrified* and won't even LOOK at her. Then she's happy and she allows it to play with her and starts talking to me again.

*Some exaggeration for comic effect. She is actually very fair and consistent in laying down the law with new dogs, so I allow it. They are not REALLY abject and terrified. But I think she likes to think they are.

She has also decided that the passenger seat in the truck is hers and she gets very pouty if I have a passenger. What she does is sit on the passenger's lap, facing the windshield and she will not acknowledge the passenger or me for the duration of the ride. If the passenger tries to get friendly and coax her, she wedges herself behind the seat and won't look at anyone. Fiona is an utter drama queen and a most excellent and obedient dog (I can take her absolutely anywhere without a leash) so we allow her the drama, but don't indulge it.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:38 PM

298 posts, read 704,741 times
Our collies are totally incapable of giving anyone the silent treatment They couldn't keep quiet for long no matter how irritated

Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,776,400 times
I had a beagle, who I had to board on occasion. I would pick her up and she totally ignored me, she hopped into the passenger seat and looked out the window the entire way home. After a couple of hours at home, she would forgive me and she was back to normal.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,702,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No, but the cat definitely pouts, he gets extremely pouty after being bathed, and will refuse to acknowledge me for the rest of the day.
This is my cat to a t. After bathing, she is so pissed that she hides under the bed, obsessively licking herself dry.

After she is dry, however, she is a such a love bug and always seeks me out to lie on top of me: IDK if it is b/c she is repentant or b/c she is trying to get warm!

My dog never really pouts, especially when I leave her at the boarder's; she's too happy to see me when I get back to be angry!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM

589 posts, read 1,348,460 times
The dog we had from my late teens well into adulthood could hold a grudge like nobody's business!

All of my friends knew the house rule.... Princess never begged, but.... the last bite of WHATEVER you were eating, belonged to her. That was the rule, it was written in stone. One of my friends showed up one day, lunch in hand. Sat at the table, eating her sub sandwich. Got to the last bite, held it in the air in front of Princess, but then ate it herself.

I stayed friends with that girl for several years. But she was never allowed back in our house. Princess didn't bark, not at anyone. Except her. If she so much as tried to stand in our driveway, Princess went berserk.

Course, in my early 20's, when I moved out of my parent's house, I was the one getting the silent treatment. The day after I moved out, I went back for a few things that didn't fit in the car the first day. Everytime I walked into a room that she was in, she walked out. She wouldn't come when I called her, wouldn't even look at me. I had to go out to McDonald's, buy her a burger, and come feed it to her, one bite at a time. Yep, I had to bribe my dog to be friends with me again!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs