Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
The better question might be why do people bring dogs to small kid parks?
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
WHY would parents Want their kids playing in an area where Dogs Pee & Pooo EEEWWWWWWW No Wonder Kids & Worms are on the Rise!
and this....ewwww.

I do agree about small kids, though. My pup is huge and very playful, I worry when I see little ones at the dog park and usually get her to chase the ball at the other end of the park.

Now, I occasionally have a beer, maybe even two at the dog park, is it really necessary to call the police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Ohhhhh that's infuriating. My dog doesn't do well with kids - I suspect she wasn't treated well in her former home - and I've left dog parks when kids were there. Dad sounds like a real rocket scientist. Sigh - tragedy waiting to happen, there.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
Hello - open alcohol in a park?! Next time you see him, report him for that.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:36 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Alcohol is NOT Allowed in our City Parks! That inc Beer!

Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 PM

66 posts, read 161,618 times
I feel you... specially because if anything happens (your dog could hit one kid accidentally, or make him/her fall down and get hurt) that irresponsible father will yell at you and blame your dog for sure. That happened to me once and now I run off the unleashed dog area as soon as any dumb father appears with little kids.

Things work kinda different here where i live now, but believe me... people could be really annoying sometimes.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Alcohol is NOT Allowed in our City Parks! That inc Beer!
Most of ours have shelters that can be rented for parties/reunions, and you can apply with the city to have up to a certain amount of alcohol there. But not at the one that's a dog park.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:02 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
rant alert

my roommate and I were out walking her 6 month old pit bull puppy. we took her to this dog park where the only other person there was a guy with his 3 small kids, all under 3 years old, and two larger dogs. the guy literally sat on his butt and drank beer and read a paper as his 2 older kids (the littlest one was in a stroller) were being knocked down by the dogs who kept running into them. after 10 minutes, we just decided to just leave b/c we didn't want to be held liable if Bella hurt the kid. she's completely harmless other than the occasional jumping up on you for kisses, but she is a pit and we knew how people can overreact w/ them.

we were so annoyed by this. a dog park is for DOGS to be free and run around. it isn't fair that we can't let our dog run around off leash uninhibited b/c toddlers are running around unsupervised. it just isn't a place for small children. and if parents insist on bringing kids, why can't they just keep them on the sidelines and close by their sides so he dogs can run around? ugh, between untrained little hellions to questionable parenting, we've had little luck with dog parks. I've never been a fan of them, but Bella LOVE playing with other dogs and has benefited from the socialization. now we don't even want to bother with them anymore.

okay, end rant
Because, generally speaking, people with children think that the whole flippin' world should enjoy them too.

What they fail to realize is that we don't want them around.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs