Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:07 AM

128 posts, read 221,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I find it sad when people feel this way, yes your heart aches when a dog you have loved dies, but as you stated they are great and they help us get us through some very difficult times of our lives. Isn't all you get from a dog well worth the heart ache at the end???
I have lost 3 great old dogs in the past 3 years one was earlier this month and yes my heart has ached and the pain with each loss was great but the bigger loss would be to have to never had them in my life. While it is sad that dogs have shorter lives then we do if they didn't I would not have had the chance to share my life with as many fantastic dogs that I have. Each has been very special in its own way and no I would not want to have missed any of them.Each has played a role in my life and helped me deal with different periods of life and to that I am very thankful and willing to go through the heart break over and over. I can not imagine the day when I do not have at least one dog in my life.
i have read some of your posts...regarding dash and the other dog you lost. made me cry. You are very strong and I am glad you do not see it as a negative. your dogs are very lucky to have you too!!! keep on doggin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 AM

128 posts, read 221,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Jack, my black lab, was my best friend. I lived alone in a foreign city with only Jack by my side. He died last year of cancer at the age of 7. I was devastated.

I honored his memory by rescuing 2 more black labs in the last year. It was the only thing that helped. I knew that I wasn't trying to replace him; I never could.

I get so much enjoyment in watching Fish and Chance (2 of the new pups) run around our ranch with my other 2 dogs - one being Jack's litter mate, Bailey. The joy in saving a dog totally outweighs any pain that will come in the future.
so sorry for your loss...i am so happy for your gain with the new puppers! i have actually leo and his sister is my bf dog. they are hilarious together. it is so fun to watch them play! enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs