Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 AM

11 posts, read 33,713 times

Advertisements

hi guys!

I dunno if this symptoms are normal that's why I wanna ask. Now I have another problem. My 9 month dog, got accidentally pregnant by a 1 year old dog. 3 days ago, she had a miscarriage, released the poor puppies (they were 5) I feel bad for her ( Now, the problem is, today, she is ill, she seems to have a fever, she even shivers. She still bleeds a little, coming out of her V. And, it seems like she is having it hard to breath. Because, she also breath from her mouth heavily (on the sides of her mouth) I dunno what to do. I fed her liver bec.she ofcourse losses blood. What do you think I should do? I haven't gotten to the vet yet. Do you think that there's still a puppy(dead) inside her which didn't came out yet? What can "I do about this aside from going to the vet. Tomorrow, I'll be calling my vet. Thanks for the response. You've a big help to me!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,421,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katybrittperry View Post
hi guys!

I dunno if this symptoms are normal that's why I wanna ask. Now I have another problem. My 9 month dog, got accidentally pregnant by a 1 year old dog. 3 days ago, she had a miscarriage, released the poor puppies (they were 5) I feel bad for her ( Now, the problem is, today, she is ill, she seems to have a fever, she even shivers. She still bleeds a little, coming out of her V. And, it seems like she is having it hard to breath. Because, she also breath from her mouth heavily (on the sides of her mouth) I dunno what to do. I fed her liver bec.she ofcourse losses blood. What do you think I should do? I haven't gotten to the vet yet. Do you think that there's still a puppy(dead) inside her which didn't came out yet? What can "I do about this aside from going to the vet. Tomorrow, I'll be calling my vet. Thanks for the response. You've a big help to me!
I'm going to be brutal here. Do you love your dog? Do you want her to live? Then get off your rear end and get her to a vet! What your dog is probably suffering from is sepsis and shock. If you get her to the vet, she may live. If you don't she will probably die. I'm also going to put a little opinion in here too. You need to give away all of your animals since its apparent that you are either not mature enough or intelligent enough to handle the responsibility. YOUR DOG IS SUFFERING. GET IT TO A VET RIGHT NOW.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:25 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,356,696 times
I 2nd what Va-Cat said! GET HER TO THE VET ASAP!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 AM

112 posts, read 280,397 times
NOW, shes already traumatized!!!!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,829,388 times
Holy crap... you really needed to post here because you didn't know what to do? Really? Take the dog to the vet, or an emergency vet if your vet's office is closed. And as a previous poster suggested... find your pets a responsible home.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,619,007 times
WTF? Emergency vet IMMEDIATELY.

Jeez.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,229,828 times
Is this for real? I had to post and normally I am not mean, but what you are doing is very cruel (is this for real???). Get up and get that dog the medical help that she needs!

Old 03-17-2012, 02:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,389,814 times
I read your other threads.

Based on that, IMO you have no business with a dog or, any other living thing.

Take the poor dog to get help and start looking for a new home for her.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,386,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I read your other threads.

Based on that, IMO you have no business with a dog or, any other living thing.

Take the poor dog to get help and start looking for a new home for her.
I second that motion.

Your dog did not get accidentally pregnant. She got pregnant because you were too irresponsible and failed to get her spayed when you got her. NO excuse for that. NONE

Find a rescue organization that will take her in and find her a loving home with someone who will take proper, lifelong care of her.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:09 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,885,880 times
she needs to go to the vet IMMEDIATLY...not "in the morning when my vet opens" not "my vet cant see her right now so we'll fit her in whenever" and not "the emergency vet is too expensive" theres no excuse, if she doesnt see a vet IMMEDIATLY, its hghly unlikley youll have a live dog to worry about in a few days.
The fact she aborted the litter says something wasnt right in the first place (a HEALTHY female even at 8 months of age wouldnt have aborted the litter...so that indicates the dog isnt in good shape to begin with.)

panting, fever and shivvering indacte a MASSIVE infection, its gone beyond a simple "not feeling good" when those 3 symptoms combine, add to that shes also activly bleeding indicates this dogs insides are currently under a serious attack. she COULD have retained a puppy (which will NOT come out on its own) which is now ROTTING inside her and causing infection, or she could have another illess that caused this, Brucellosis a common doggy STD typically causes natural abortion which could have easily led to an infection again...but all symptoms say this is a Massive infection and CAUSE is unimportant.

she SHOULD have seen the vet imediatly after she termineted the pregnancy to make sure that a bodyhadnt been retained...the vet could have given her a simple shot that would have caused contractions to force any bad tissue out...
but since you couldnt do that, now its likley the vet will have to Open her up to try and clean out the infection (and the root cause) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of everything good, have the vet SPAY her while shes under anesthetic) YOU (and this dog) do NOT need to be bringing any more puppies into this world.
the vet will probably keep her at minimum over night, she will probably need IV antibiotics and fluids as well as anti inflamitories to get this under control...

it deostn matter the reasoning, and your excuses as to why you havent called a vet yet arnt even worth it...but if this dog is to have ANY chance of survival, it needs to see a vet IMMEDIATLY...she may not make it untill tomorrow if shes panting and shivvering and runnign a fever and bleeding all at the same time.
if you care about this dog youll have it to a vet! NOW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.