Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

ETHEL, Wash. -- A pit bull charged into a south sound home near Ethel on Friday night coming after 19-year-old Jennifer Lee and killing her shih tzu, GT.

“It ran right over the top of me after the dog,” Lee said.

According to Lee, the pit bull attacked and quickly killed her small dog while she scrambled to get her husky puppies rounded up and locked into a bathroom.

“I was screaming my head off,” Lee said.

Lee told KIRO 7 Eyewitness New she ran to the back of her home to the family’s gun safe looking for protection.

Pit Bull Enters Home Attacking Teen, Dogs - News Story - KIRO Seattle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,333 times
Bummer, no bullets. Well another irresponsible dog owner makes everyone look bad.

I had an incident today myself where my boy pup was in the back yard on his remote collar and ON MY PROPERTY when a neighbor walk close and suddenly realized my pup was standing there. Not making a peep but the old man who I can't stand anyway acted all startled and and the nerve to say my dog need to be on a leash, NOT.

I had a fit on this nosy neighbor from hell, dog in MY yard, dog just standing there, dog making no noise, dog on electric remote collar. MORON neighbor.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,554 times
I used to buy the Weekly World News for laughs, you know, with the adventures of Bat Boy, the alive Elvis, and all.
Guess they have such sufficient competition with the news channels and "journalists" these days that their sales are probably down!
I mean, c'mon?!

Pitt Bull charged into home...
Probably bolting right through a steel door as if was toilet paper?

By the time I got to the guns, the dog had blocked me in and I realized the bullets were not in the guns...
?? Blocked her into a room? A corner? Inside the gun safe? Any bite marks yet at this point?

Lee then called her mother who was in Oregon at the time....
Before or after the friend rescues her?? (as the Pit Bull has her blocked in)

“She’s screaming, she’s terrified,” Lee’s mother said after replaying the voice mail Lee left on her phone.
Is this while she's still cornered? A lesson here: Always keep a phone near your guns -- especially for when you're blocked in by pit bulls who charge into your home, kill your dog, and bite your floor and console!

One of Lee’s friends knocked on the door as Lee was cornered and distracted the dog so Lee could escape through a window.
[/Did the dog think the friend was the UPS guy knocking? And did the neighbor, a skinny, blonde haired girl with heels on, trip in the woods on her way fleeing from yet another Pitt Bull, and just happen to be there to hear the screaming and come to the rescue?

According to Lee’s family, the pit bull left bite marks on the hardwood floor where it attacked the shih tzu and destroyed part of a new video game console.
Like to see pictures.[ And makes me wonder if the dog was even a Pit Bull!

Does this not sound like a script for a b '60s horror flick? Just replace "Blob", "Mummy" or Freddie Kruger with "Pit bull". (This is a knock on the "writing" of this peice -- not the person involved.)

Last edited by Travel'r; 09-19-2007 at 10:44 PM..

Old 09-20-2007, 08:40 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Terrible incident, but youre kinda right. She got on the news and made the mostof it.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,258 times
It's funny how the details of this story change several times.. lol!

Okay, so to start with it says..

"Pit Bull Enters Home Attacking Teen, Dogs"

Now, I don't know about everyone else, but that would lead me to believe a "pit bull" came into a home and attacked a teen and multiple dogs, but if you read the first line, things change a bit..

"A pit bull charged into a south sound home near Ethel on Friday night coming after 19-year-old Jennifer Lee and killing her shih tzu, GT."

So, now the dog came into the home, went after the girl and killed the dog?

OH! But, wait! That's not it! They still haven't gotten it right! Now it says..

"It ran right over the top of me after the dog,"

So now the dog ran "right over the top" of the teen and went after the dog? lol! Sorry, but how does a dog run "right over the top" of someone? And obviously the dog did not attack a teen and multiple dogs as the title or headline originally said.

"She could have been mauled. She’d be dead. There’s no way she could fight off a pit bull"

If that dog wanted to kill her, it would have. The dog didn't even touch the girl, so obviously it didn't want to kill or maul her. Did anyone think that maybe a dog that was bred to fight dogs just went after a dog? Oh, and "pit bulls" don't have super powers! lmao! You can fight off a "pit bull" the same way you could fight off all of those Huskies they have! Do they not realize that Huskies are right up there next to APBTs, AmStaffs, Staffies, Rotties, Dobies, Chows, GSD, etc on these crazy so-called "dangerous" breed lists?!

I was about to say that there's no way to even know if this dog is really one of the "pit bull" breeds or not because they don't have a picture, but I just watched the video (which I didn't see to start with because it's not over with the rest of the vicious "pit bull" videos! lol! ) and it does have a picture of a "pit bull". There's no way to know if that's the actually dog, but it does look like a "pit bull" to me. I have seen many, many, many "pit bull" attack stories that have all used the same picture of the same dog! lol! So, you never know if that picture is really the dog or not. You can also see in the video that the girl is not hurt and she doesn't even seem upset, that dog did not attack her as the headline said.

Do people not realize that this is the owners fault, NOT the dog's!?! If that dog had a responsible owner, it wouldn't be able to get into someone else's house to start with! Also, the dog obviously wasn't human aggressive, it ran right past the girl and straight to the dog. APBTs, AmStaffs and Staffies were all bred to bull bait and dog fight, and because of this they do tend to be animal aggressive, but if they are properly bred, raised, trained and socialized, they shouldn't even be aggressive with them. A responsible owner would have done the proper things to ensure their dog wouldn't be dog aggressive like that and they wouldn't let their dog run around the neighbor hood like that! So, "pit bulls" were bred to bull bait and dog fight, but at the same time they were bred to be stable, trustworthy, human-friendly, family companions! They were specifically bred against human aggression! Just because that dog was dog aggressive does not mean it is human aggressive! Animal aggression and human aggression are 2 completely different things! There are many types of aggression in the canine world and they are all very different.

Here's the video by the way.. VIDEO: Pit Bull Attacks, Kills Small Dog - Video - KIRO Seattle (http://www.kirotv.com/video/14145772/index.html - broken link)

I am glad that the girl and the other dogs didn't get hurt and it's horrible that the one dog had to die in such a horrific way! I'm just very upset that the dogs owner would allow the dog to get like that and would allow the dog to run around the neighborhood like that! The dog's owner should not have been allowed to get the dog to start with! It's people like that that make all of the friendly, loving "pit bulls" and all of the responsible "pit bull" owners look bad! I HATE people like that! I'm also mad at whoever wrote this story because they didn't do a good job at all! Parts of it are very misleading and you can see that parts were twisted around to sound more dramatic and get more ratings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs