Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM

200 posts, read 980,466 times

Advertisements

So the GF works part time at a daycare so we been taking 13 week old Bandogge Bacchus there until he is fully potty trained for free. Last week, one of the receptionists also one of our friends gave him and another puppy toys for the toy box which included a 3" x 1" x .5" rubber nylabone. Apparently he was chewing on it when she tried to take it from him, he wouldn't let go. So instead of forcing him to let go, she went and got a treat and offered it to him. Being the little piggy that he is, he swallowed the toy bone whole.
We took him to the vet immediately, they said to wait 3 days while giving him small meals to see if he passes it. He's been pooping, playing, eating, sleeping fine but we still haven't seen it. I've talked to Nylabone, they said the rubber will not break down in the stomach.

So since we haven't seen it, we have him schedule for an endoscopy Wed morning.
We trust out vet, she says since he's been acting fine, it's obviously not lodged. An x-ray with barium will not show, neither will a ultrasound.
If we we wait, it could either pass or get stuck.

Our vet us giving us a huge discount at $800.
What would you do if it was your little boy? Would you even talk to the daycare owner about covering some of the bill since it was part their negligence...

Has anyone gone through this? How was the recovery?

This is my boy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 04:59 PM

3,752 posts, read 12,425,588 times
Your vet in my opinion is acting absolutely 100% correctly. Cautious approach at first with elevated degrees of action as needed. If it hasn't passed its either in the stomach or the intestines. The Endoscopy is the least invasive way to see what is going on. I'm hoping its still in the stomach where is can easily be grabbed! I would say you have an excellent caring vet. The price is very reduced! Good luck with your baby. I would however question the wisdom of a place that gives inappropriate toys to larger breeds - even if it is a friend of yours. I would approach them about taking care of some of the bill but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any money out of them.

Please come back and let us know how everything goes. All fingers and paws are crossed for your baby!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:29 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,202,035 times
I don't understand. GF works at daycare- is it people or doggie daycare? you can ask but since it appears they were doing you a favor- you did not pay- by letting GF take dog there they are certainly under no obligations to help you out. If it was my small business-either people or doggie daycare I would not feel responsible since you did not have reasonable expectation of services.
hope your precious pup gets well soon. $800 is a huge discount....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs