Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,695,826 times

Advertisements

Hi! Lets say we decide we want an Airedale pup, but here in Las Vegas there are no breeders, is there a reliable website one could use as a guide, there are many sites out there. Just wondering if anybody reading this can lead us in the right direction as far as Airedales go.

We are 20 miles outside of Las Vegas Nevada!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 AM

251 posts, read 1,312,566 times
There is a dog show being held by the Black Mountain Kennel Club on October 14th...you should go. Talk to people there and I am sure someone will steer you in the right direction.

Black Mountain Kennel Club

Do a search for Las Vegas Kennel clubs....there were a couple of others.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Astrogal has given excellent advice! Please follow it. You can also go to American Kennel Club - akc.org for breeder lists by breed and location, or Infodog.com for upcoming shows in your area.
Going to a show would be an excellent way to find a good breeder. That doesn't necessarily mean you're looking for a show dog. All good breeders have wonderful pet puppies bred for good temperament and health, and properly socialized so that they make good family members and companions. If you pm me your email, I'll send you some names of Airdale owners from the catalog of the last show I went to. A quick scan told me they were from all over the country.

The airdale is a wonderful breed but you want to get a good one.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
go the airdale breeders club web site. This site should then have a list of breeders
who adhere to the breeding code, then you can email various breeders. Some will ship a puppy to you, some will not. My Aussie I had shipped from Canada. The breeder
did belong to the Australian dog club, and this puppy was related to one I lost.
Even some breeders when they go to dog shows will bring the puppy with them, which was going to happen with this one. Then read the guides to asking the correct questions. this breeder had got her dog from the same breeder I got my first Aussie from, therefore I did trust her.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:41 PM

295 posts, read 1,213,496 times
The website for the national breed club for Airedales is here: The Airedale Terrier Club of America, Inc. Website. On that site you can learn breed specific details and locate Airedale breeders & rescue groups (several of each in CA, and 2 rescue contacts are in LV & Hend). If you're looking for a puppy, interview several GOOD breeders several times and avoid BYBs & pet stores. A reputable and ethical breeder is worth his/her weight in gold; you want to find one you'll be comfortable with and trust for the life of the dog. And whether you seek a puppy, an adult, or a rescue, be willing to wait for the right furkid for you & your family to become available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs