Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 AM

1,179 posts, read 8,714,367 times

Advertisements

I know there are other people with APBTs and other "dangerous" dog and just dog owners on here period. I thought this might help those of you currently in the fight.

If you need to write a letter in regards to BSL, Anti Tethering & mandatory spay/neuter this link has good resources.

LETTER WRITING RESOURCE CENTER |

I'm really worried we won't be able to stop HSUS, PETA or Politicians in their movements of wanting to control and then eventually wipe out dog/animal/pet as companions all together.

The bad part is that people don't know. We were talking to the owner of a pet store and she is for PETA. I was like wait a minute. First she is talking about all these new organizations (like the one to regulate the sale of ferrets) and how much she has to go through to sale animals and for the owners to keep certain animals. Then she says I'm all for PETA??? I was like WTH. How can you be for animals and for PETA? She said she hopes they do good. Whatever that means. She's like well I've seen some websites that I'm hoping PETA will take care of or something like that. Why don't the people who are supposed to enforce the laws do something? They are the ones she should be reporting the abuse/neglect to not PETA. PETA has no authority over anything. My husband is like so have you seen the animals PETA has killed? She's like no what. I'm like if you are for PETA then I guess you won't be having a pet store very long, they would never allow that. Another guy who was a Pit owner had donated money to PETA and thought it was the best thing in the world. He said they are good, they will protect our breed. LAMO the founder of PETA hates Pit Bulls and the group is against having animal period.

I get more and more worried each day that I won't just not be able to have APBTs, I won't be able to have any dog, any animal of any kind. The BSL is getting worse, in more areas everyday it seems like. Then all the other just plain DOG LAWs that are not BSL which take away our rights. Especially with reading the ADBA Gazette, every issue there is always yet more BSL and dog legislation that some how passes without anyone being able to do anything about it.

I wonder why they aren't enforcing the laws already in place??????? I think there should be laws of course, otherwise sick crazy people and lazy careless people could do whatever they wanted with no punishment. However it should be reasonable, like with any other laws. With the laws that are already in place all across the US about neglect and abuse it should be more then enough to keep them safe if enforced. I do not see how (slowing) banning animals as pets is the only alternative. There is one good story in the Gazette about dog ownership in 2025 I think, it was so scary to read though. It basically doesn't exist and has brought so much chaos to the country, the HSUS runs everything and took over the AKC after it went bankrupt. However they have a hard time with owners getting dogs considering the outrageous laws their (there are strict laws to follow when having a dog) and the super high vet prices. Another one was called the Last American dog, all the dogs (and other animals) had been freed from their "human slavers" and the last dog was an APBT in Wyoming. He was found just wondering about as a stray on a cold night, very old dog. It turned out that the dog was just that, a lone dog, although at first he was thought to be an escaped captive of a human slaver or part of an underground breeding program I think is what it said. Well then he dies he died shortly after being found and that was said to be the last American Dog.

People are in more of an uproar about animals then they are about children. What next will they go after our kids too? We won't be able to raise them because we are just too stupid, kids die because of neglect (accidental shooting, drowning) and make too many murders. Human breeding will only be reserved for a select few "worthy" individuals and even then the children will be taken to be raised by the government. Everyone else will be sterilized.

It seems as time goes by we are reverting back to the old dictator days; back to when we didn't have liberties or freedoms, these were unimportant to the society as a whole. Who knew that pet ownership would be such a big issue.

People don't realize this is happening right in front of their face. They are making innocent non criminals into criminals daily. When they put another stupid law in place disallowing them to own a certain dog and they chose to hide that dog they are a "criminal" because they are breaking the law. Its so insane. In Toronto I know you can face jail time and large fines for harboring a Pit Bull. When they can make up whatever they want and charge you with it, or at least try that is totally wrong. Not a real criminal, haven't done anything wrong, haven't hurt anyone, yet you are a considered and treated like a criminal.

Last edited by APBT_Samara; 09-30-2007 at 06:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 02:27 PM

14 posts, read 37,876 times
GREAT Resource!! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs