Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,367,561 times

Advertisements

When Lady-Bug barks inside No One can hear her! 7.5 pound papillon! Try giving him a Kong full of his Fav Foods!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,354 times
Default Dog seperation anxiety

Hey guys' i also had this problem with my 2 year old Pomeranian. He used to suffer from separation anxiety quite bad. he used to go a little crazy when at left home alone, inside or out.

It started with barking and weeping - aswell as shaking, and running back an forth till we arrived home again. We tried several things to solve this, my wife bought a thunder jacket from ebay, which didn't have much affect on our dog at all.

He still had the same symptoms. shaking,crazy/hypo behavior, and continuous weeping. We tried everything to calm him, but nothing really seemed to work. I did some re-search on the net and tried different methods to fix it and i came to this website that has heaps of valuable tips, an info on Dog separation anxiety - that worked for me and my family. [url]http://dogseparationanxiety.com.au/]Curing[/url] Dog Separation Anxiety[/url]
i Hope that helps as it did for us.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM

5,098 posts, read 12,607,485 times
Chaos is the second dog I have used the citronella collar on and yes batteries can die or spray can run out so how do I know it works? #1 everytime I get ready to leave and put it on Chaos I first turn it on and bark into it and if it sprays I at least know it is working when I left. #2 I have asked my neighbors to let me know if they hear her barking and by letting them know I am very open to them telling me and no I will not get mad they are not afraid to tell me..since I started using the collar over a year ago they say it has been quiet,

Chaos comes and lets me put it on but does the hang dog expression, I bet at this point I would not even need to turn it on and she will be quiet just because she knows it is on. Like police dogs know a certain collar or service dogs know the vest means they are working and their behavior changes into a more serious working dog behavior.

Living in a condo I would be willing to say it is outside noises that start the barking my dogs get use to the regular noises of my neighbors but right now the young man next door has a lot of different friends coming and going so strange car noises and foot steps which Chaos notices and when I am home and the collar is off she will alert me too.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM

757 posts, read 1,330,996 times
I always say a tired dog is a good dog. I use to rollerblade with my dog till he couldn't run anymore. Then he would just sleep during the few hours I had to leave him.

My female, Thora, barks terrible when I take the other dog for a walk. I can hear her all the way over at the park. I have been leaving with the other dog, tell her "stay quiet" or "no barking" I leave and walk a little way then come back before she starts to bark. Tell her what a very good girl she is. If I do this, short walk and right back, good girl, a few times before I go for the long walk, she is quite for longer before she starts barking.

I know I need to work with her more, go for longer times, but get back before she starts to bark.

But the tired thing, works great.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,638,398 times
Here is another option...

My nephew had a little barker on his hands and got a "bird house" for his apartment. It emits an ultrasonic sound every time his dog barks and now she does not annoy the neighbors.

My sister was beginning to has issues with her shih-tzu's and purchased one, it curbed their barking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F7...8141368&sr=8-1

PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control at PETCO

Hope it helps!

EDIT: Check Amazon.com the pricing is a little better. I just put "bark control" into the search engine at Petco.

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 09-20-2012 at 05:49 AM..

Old 08-19-2016, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 892 times
This is all very interesting. It's nice to know that I'm not alone with the constantly barking dog problem. In my case it's the neighbors yippers that go off the second she pulls out of her parking stall. It goes on for hours! She knows of the situation and feels horrible about it but she hasn't found a remedy yet. A friend of mine who was, as he puts it, unfortunate enough to marry into a pair of Pomeranian's. He works long hours and needs what little sleep he can get. He tried training, collars, rewards, you name it. He came across a site that uses music to calm pets when they start going nuts. He says it's worked better than anything else he's tried. I passed it along to my neighbor and she puts the music on right before she leaves and sure enough they settle down. I just wanted to pass it along in case somebody else wanted to give it a try.
[url=http://85c8d3m0xweocl39y9e9iv2p5l.hop.clickbank.net/]Relaxing Dog Music – Dog Anxiety Help, Solving Crying, Whining and Barking problems[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs