Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 PM

146 posts, read 313,789 times

Advertisements

Which is the best and most natural brand of food for a 5 month old maltese-shih tzu puppy. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times
honestly if your feeding a GOOD food you dont NEED a puppy food...
I fee all my pppies the exact same thing i feed my adults...

the best NATURAL food would be raw...since hes going to be a little guy it woudlnt be all that expensive to feed "pre made" raw which is a REALY easy way of doing a raw iet and can pe picked up in most pet food stores (petsmart/petco ect...)

otherise look at the bag.
find a food that has NO corn, Soy or Wheat, NO BYPRODUCTS. the first ingreient should be meat or meat meal...

Wellness core is a GREAT line
Solid Gold is another
Blue Buffalo
Taste of the Wild
California Naturals is another...

theres so many great brands that its hard to realy narrow it down to 1...
so just read the ingredients, remember hes a carnivore and needs MEAT as his primary form of protein, and that dogs cant digest corn...and that soy an wheet are comon allergens.

Ingredients like "chicken byproduct" adnd corn are the equivalent of feeing your dog McDonalds for every meal...while many ogs live happily on "junk food" (just like people) its not GOOD for him.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:08 AM

566 posts, read 1,107,266 times
I feed my three:

Stella & Chewy's Chicken or Rabbit (dehydrated, raw)

Nutrisca is good, I may go back to that with a bit of the S&C on top

Embark is good. Honest Kitchen. Sojo's. Gramma Lucy. Ziwi Peak. Acana. Orijon.

I have used them all. Feel comfortable going back with any variety. I do have a pood/mix that cannot handle frozen raw. Even though I warm it just a bit *put in baggie into warm water) - I would never feed her COLD food, it just comes up later. Not good.

I like the dehydrated and GRAIN FREE. I watch where it is made, too. The ingredients. Most of the companies I trust don't pay millions of dollars to advertise to try to convince me. I don't believe the hype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs