Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM

10,052 posts, read 18,098,797 times

Advertisements

In addition to the horrendous things he actually DID to animals, what really bothered me about Michael Vick was when he was arrested, he said things to the effect of "it's not a big deal" or "I didn't do anything wrong" or "everyone loves Michael Vick." His arrogance was nauseating. I was glad he got jail time, and he could have rotted there for all I care.

I also agree with No Kudzu -- even if you are raised around dog-fighting, for example, there has to be a point where you think for yourself and say, "Wait a minute, this is just horrendous." I think anyone who ATTENDS such "events" should also be locked up AND made to pay huge fines to their local shelters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 02:28 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,477,311 times
NO.....and that is as it should be.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
He says he is sorry now but I wonder if he is only sorry he got caught.
THIS^^^^

Vick is "sorry" so that he can get on with his life. Had he not been caught, he's still be doing the same.

Will he ever live it down? Sure. I think he's fine with it. He hanged, drowned and electrocuted innocent animals for his own pleasure.

Then he gets to play ball again and get a reality show.

He's NOT SORRY.

And I, and others who are compassionate towards animals will never forget what this sadistic thug did.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
If I remember right Vick took great pride in killing one dog with his bare his hands.

I hate the man!!!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,046,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Excuse me, what trouble was he in at Virginia Tech?

I think Michael Vick's actions were horrendous. But he was convicted, given the maximum amount of time allowed by law, and served the entire time. Isn't that what we want for people who commit crimes? I don't think it is fair to crucify someone after they have been punished. What more can he do now? He cannot go back in time and not commit the crime. No one is saying you have to like him, and you certainly do not have to root for him; but understand that he has been punished. Currently, my beef is not with Michael Vick, but the lawmakers of Virginia (and any other state) who have not changed the laws so the penalty for these despicable acts is much, much more severe.
I remember reading about several instances that were downplayed by the university and the coaching staff...no doubt there were some in high school too, but both go back a little too far to find on the internet. If you didn't follow him or VA Tech you might not be aware of them. His brother was much the same type of person - in trouble a lot and a waste of great football talent.

Do you forgive a child molester after he serves his sentence? You may say that this is not as serious, but that is just your opinion. There are those of us who put this maybe just a smidgen above child molestation.

He will always be a low-life in my opinion. Sorry.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:55 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,544,497 times
Quote:
Currently, my beef is not with Michael Vick, but the lawmakers of Virginia (and any other state) who have not changed the laws so the penalty for these despicable acts is much, much more severe.
AGREE!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,024,024 times
I am grateful that my sins have been forgiven. Who am I to withhold forgiveness from another human being?

That said, I would find it very hard to trust him.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,141,054 times
Quote:
I think Michael Vick's actions were horrendous. But he was convicted, given the maximum amount of time allowed by law, and served the entire time. Isn't that what we want for people who commit crimes?
I've been thinking about this statement. Punishment should not be the end of it. I need to know if this person who has been convicted of a gruesome crime and served his punishment will NEVER do it again if he is allowed to walk with the rest of society again. I need to know that person is repentant and remorseful of the act---not getting caught. And most of all I need to see the person take positive steps to dissuade others of doing the horrible things. Making a few public service announcements will not cut it. I wish he would donate large part of his ridiculous salary to build a shelter, go into the ghetto to talk about the horrors of animal cruelty, take the initiative to help turn around the lives of some of the kids who might have idolized him and his actions. Has he done any of those things?

Sometimes we see young people who might have killed an innocent person by driving drunk going to speak to high schools. Not as part of their mandated community service, but because they are truely repentant and hoope to educate others. This is what I need to see from the likes of Michael Vick.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,928 times
To be fair, now that he has another large contract and his playing career is back on track, he probably doesn't give it any thought.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,500,609 times
I don't really care about his fighting dogs it's done and over ... history.

There are many places all over the world where people fight Rosters, Dogs, Bulls, etc.
and they make large amounts of $$$ and they spend it everywhere and
those people who receive from there spinding intern benefit of
the proceeds of there winnings.

It's just another way of making millions of $$$ for many people rich and poor,
including the breaders ! ! !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs