Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,319 times

Advertisements

Portia had a surgery yesterday. She had a leg surgery ( she tore her tendon )...She is in a lot of pain, but she still looks happy.Me and my husband didn't have much sleep, because we were so worried for her, but she is doing good...Some pictures. O, she DOESN'T like the "satelite" around her head.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM

I didn't add that she cannot walk on that leg for now, but she'll be able to soon. She has a check up on Saturday, so hopefully everything will be fine, and she won't have any infections. They made the cut on the other side of her leg ( from the "inside" )...

Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,295 times
Poor girl. She does look happy. She has a poodle cut, I bet she's not happy about that or the satellite. She is pretty. I'm thinking of getting a Dutch Shepherd.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM

273 posts, read 1,338,521 times
whoa beautiful....oh and thats a very attractive dog as well

how did she injure her leg?

Old 10-24-2007, 06:18 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,219 times
Awwww poor baby!!! I hope she heals soon!! What a sweetie pie!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,171,306 times
AwWwWw! Poor Portia! How long does she have to stay off of her leg? Do you have to keep her and Hef separated? That would be so hard! It was so hard for us to deal with having to keep Brooklyn and Jayda separated when Jayda was in heat! Well, I'm glad Portia came through the surgery and everything okay! I hope she gets better soon! Give her kisses for all of us, and Hef too! lol!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
AwWwWw! Poor Portia! How long does she have to stay off of her leg? Do you have to keep her and Hef separated? That would be so hard! It was so hard for us to deal with having to keep Brooklyn and Jayda separated when Jayda was in heat! Well, I'm glad Portia came through the surgery and everything okay! I hope she gets better soon! Give her kisses for all of us, and Hef too! lol!
Vet said that she would be able to walk again after a week. WE HAVE to separate her and Hef. IT IS SO HARD FOR US. If Hef is not with Portia, he starts crying, and then one of us have to go and be with him, while the other one is with Portia...After we go and play with him, he is fine. Thank you for all the nice wishes...

Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post

how did she injure her leg?
She was running around too much...When she was a puppy, she had a water - build up in the knee ( the sasme leg she injured ) so she had to go to a surgery. Her leg healed and everything was good. One day, after running around so much ( SHE LOVES doing that ), we noticed that she was limping. We took her to the vet, and the vet told us that x-rays don't show anything unusual, and to bring her back after a month or so if she keeps limping. O, and he gave her pain medications. After all the pain medications and anti - inflamatories ( he gave her that as well ), she was just not feeling better. We took her to the vet, they took x-rays again, and they told us she tore her tendon...So, $1800 later, she is all fine ( although still in a little pain ). I am glad our furry-baby is fine. One thing guys, GET AN INSURANCE if possible. After this, we will go get an insurance just in case anything similar happens...

Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,171,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
She was running around too much...When she was a puppy, she had a water - build up in the knee ( the sasme leg she injured ) so she had to go to a surgery. Her leg healed and everything was good. One day, after running around so much ( SHE LOVES doing that ), we noticed that she was limping. We took her to the vet, and the vet told us that x-rays don't show anything unusual, and to bring her back after a month or so if she keeps limping. O, and he gave her pain medications. After all the pain medications and anti - inflamatories ( he gave her that as well ), she was just not feeling better. We took her to the vet, they took x-rays again, and they told us she tore her tendon...So, $1800 later, she is all fine ( although still in a little pain ). I am glad our furry-baby is fine. One thing guys, GET AN INSURANCE if possible. After this, we will go get an insurance just in case anything similar happens...
We have been talking about getting insurance as well! The day we got Destiny we ended up with a $1,500 vet bill just so she would have a chance to live! Then, in the last couple months, we have spent just over $1,000 in regular vet bills! Check ups, shots, etc. We are definitely going to start looking into getting some insurance!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
We have been talking about getting insurance as well! The day we got Destiny we ended up with a $1,500 vet bill just so she would have a chance to live! Then, in the last couple months, we have spent just over $1,000 in regular vet bills! Check ups, shots, etc. We are definitely going to start looking into getting some insurance!
I understand you completely...WE NEVER regreted paying for her surgery, and we never will, just like you and your husband will never regret. But, I have to admit, all those stuff add up...Like you said check ups, shots etc. Let me know if you find a good plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs