Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 PM

511 posts, read 2,200,795 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for the support. I was very very upset when I came on here and posted.

The pup I was supposed to get had health tested parents (hips & elbows), a working mother, and a champion titled father (supposedly). I agree, it seemed VERY fishy that the day before I was supposed to go up my puppy "died". She offered me a litter mate and I absolutely 100% declined, I did not even think about it for a minute. The whole situation just about tore me apart. Clark, that is exactly it... I had bonded with him before meeting meeting him & was already imagining life with him...

I have since found a beautiful GSD pup. I almost did not use the name Lucca, because of the whole situation, but I have had that name picked out for years & so I kept it.

The breeder gave me copies of all OFA certs done on her dogs and going back several generations. She gave a genetic health guarantee on the pup. He is a mix of German working lines and ASL, good drive but not over the top. I loved the look & temperament of her dogs. Two of Lucca's siblings from a prior breeding are certified working dogs for PD. It was still a long drive, 12 hour round trip, 20-50+ mph wing the entire drive, utterly exhausting. Due to the crazy wind, I registered the pup as "Lucca Von Cyclone ZAM" (ZAM stands for the first letter of my, my husbands, and my daughters first names )

Sparrowmint, I did look at Celhaus but decided not to go with them. Her dogs are gorgeous, but just not what I was looking for. Lucca and I are actually in the same puppy class as Cel and her new addition Valentine. He is a doll! Even though I didn't choose to go with Cel's dogs, it's nice being in the same class with her. The trainer that runs the group is awesome, she teaches agility, rally, nosework, advanced OB, ect. So lucky to have such a great resource in a small town.

Here he was the day I brought him home. He and Riley took to eachother right away.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here he is today:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,064,362 times
Oh, be still my heart -- Lucca is gorgeous. Riley is gorgeous (and looks like my Artie, except that Riley doesn't have short legs).

Congratulations to all of you. May you have many, many wonderful years together.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 AM

175 posts, read 590,598 times
Your dogs are both beautiful!!! Thanks for posting your update.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:26 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,352,465 times
They look like they're meant to be together! What gorgeous dogs! Thanks for the happy ending update.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,067,507 times
Such a happy ending! They both look very happy.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,599,150 times
Glad to see there is a happy ending , though I guess it is not an ending but a new beginning! Both dogs are very beautiful . Lucca is going to grow up to be quite a handsome dog!

Old 05-25-2013, 01:06 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,364,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanPDC View Post

Here he was the day I brought him home. He and Riley took to eachother right away.

And here he is today:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Congratulations, and I am so glad it all worked out! Lucca is a beautiful boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs