Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I have read that the newer thoughts on dogs humping is no longer believed to be a dominance display but is just a part of normal play. I think I agree with that it as seems to me that anything a dog does is considered a display of dominance in dogs by some and I just do not think that is so. Even Girle boy Dazzle will sometimes play humping games with his buddies and I really find it a hoot when 5 or 6 of them are humping each other at the same time forming a humping train! BOYS!
There was a female lab at the dog park who tried to hump all newcomer dogs, including ours (also a female). She wouldn't have any of that...But in that case I am pretty sure it was dominance. They became best of friends after a while, but the lab would still try to hump our girl from time to time.

Oh, a kitty tale: a female cat we had when I was a kid fell in love with a little electric heater about her own size. She went into heat (pardon the pun) once before we got her neutered, and did her utmost to get the heater to warm up to her . Poor baby! Unrequited love...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
Little neutered Toby tries to hump Lucy every time they come in after a fun walk. He is excited and wants to play. I don't see it as sexual or even dominance. Some males only know how to play one way.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM

95 posts, read 308,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark fork fantast View Post
she went into heat (pardon the pun) once before we got her neutered, and did her utmost to get the heater to warm up to her . Poor baby! Unrequited love...
:d: :d: :d: :d

Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietlOtUs View Post
Okay... it's an odd subject to talk about. Something happened today and I am ... well, as a first time dog owner, I am clueless so I turn to you guys.

My puppy is 5 months old now. He's a shih-tzu/mix. I think he found himself a gal (a teddy bear). At first he was just playing with it but then he got real excited and started humping the life out of the teddy bear. We were laughing it off because it was quite cute. He went at it for awhile... so then I decided to go check on him, boy I was in for a surprise. His face was completely soaked. I took him into the bathroom and cleaned his face. He got real quiet after the "incident". I also checked the teddy bear and found out one spot on the bear was wet too. I also washed that spot with soap. Puppy did not want to play with us after... he kind of walked himself to his crate and just chill in there alone.

Can a puppy that young has an ejaculation? If he did, how should we react to him afterward? I think he feels ashamed.
I think he is more exhausted than ashamed. Yes, a male puppy that age can do that. You may think it is funny now, but you won't when he is humping everything in sight, and he will be doing that if you do not get him fixed. He is at a good age to get fixed now.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,310,687 times
Dogs don't ejaculate like humans do. Look up AI

Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Okay... it's an odd subject to talk about. Something happened today and I am ... well, as a first time dog owner, I am clueless so I turn to you guys.

My puppy is 5 months old now. He's a shih-tzu/mix. I think he found himself a gal (a teddy bear). At first he was just playing with it but then he got real excited and started humping the life out of the teddy bear. We were laughing it off because it was quite cute. He went at it for awhile... so then I decided to go check on him, boy I was in for a surprise. His face was completely soaked. I took him into the bathroom and cleaned his face. He got real quiet after the "incident". I also checked the teddy bear and found out one spot on the bear was wet too. I also washed that spot with soap. Puppy did not want to play with us after... he kind of walked himself to his crate and just chill in there alone.

Can a puppy that young has an ejaculation? If he did, how should we react to him afterward? I think he feels ashamed.

Is your pup neutered? If not, please get him neutered. For his sake as well as yours.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:

Ahhh, I had a little maltese that had himself a stuffed girlfriend (bunny). He looved that Bunny and loved to 'spend time with her' even after he was neutered.

I let him do it because I knew it drove my Mother insane (May she rest in peace). Finally, we boarded him at our Vet's kennel for a week and they washed the Bunny for us. Casper never did touch that Bunny again after she went through the washer. So, they broke up.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,592,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ahhh, I had a little maltese that had himself a stuffed girlfriend (bunny). He looved that Bunny and loved to 'spend time with her' even after he was neutered.

I let him do it because I knew it drove my Mother insane (May she rest in peace). Finally, we boarded him at our Vet's kennel for a week and they washed the Bunny for us. Casper never did touch that Bunny again after she went through the washer. So, they broke up.

At least your dog had a " Bunny" for a girlfriend Lots of human men have wished they had a bunny and old Hugh had plenty of bunnies!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo1 View Post
ahhh, i had a little maltese that had himself a stuffed girlfriend (bunny). He looved that bunny and loved to 'spend time with her' even after he was neutered.

I let him do it because i knew it drove my mother insane (may she rest in peace). Finally, we boarded him at our vet's kennel for a week and they washed the bunny for us. Casper never did touch that bunny again after she went through the washer. So, they broke up.
Love your story! The smilies aren't working, so I can't do a big grin...

Old 01-14-2015, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 14,556 times
Hi Shih Tzu owners, A lost dog has come into my life just a few days ago. The dog is adjusting well in our home. I noticed after day one that my new found Shih Tzu is humping the side of the dog bed over the last two days many many times repeatedly. Seems if he is not eating he is pleasuring himself. I even saw the penis red and exposed after one of his sessions. I just learned he is 5-7 years old ( guess from Vet) and he is neutered. Is there such a possibility that though neutered there is still some residual feelings left. Does this come and go in stages or will this just be a regular occurrence? Thanks very much for insights. I'm a new pet owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs