Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:11 PM

19,922 posts, read 12,214,522 times

Advertisements

The same people you are entrusting to care for your pet medically are hitting them against the wall. The manager at a vet
clinic is caught on video hitting a small dog suspended by a leash. Sick, vile woman.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...dog-wall/nYYC5

Last edited by shadowne; 07-04-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 04:16 PM

501 posts, read 804,143 times
Someone should suspend her by a leash and horsewhip that pos. Oh yea and revoke her license to practice too.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:10 PM

3,629 posts, read 7,705,666 times
No excuse for this AT ALL.
Sadly, nothing surprising about it either...which is why I trust basically no one with my dogs.
A lot of poorly trained, ignorant people some who have no interest in animals (aside from a paycheck) work with animals.
If allowed by an employer generally violence IS the culture. These people are too ill informed to realise they are actually making their jobs more difficult. Generally, I think they just ENJOY cruelty and demonstrating power they don't otherwise have in their lives.

This is a small dog. A blanket could have easily been thrown over it. Protective gloves worn and it scooped up restrained and sedated for whatever they needed to do. Glad this was captured on video. Regardless of what the dog did before this isn't appropriate handling IMHO and re gardless of if this was posted by a disgruntled employee it should have not occured
PERIOD. Some places you would be fired on the spot for that which IMHO is how it should be.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:43 PM

19,922 posts, read 12,214,522 times
Sadly, several people spoke up after this went public to say it happened before. How can someone KNOW about abuse and not say anything?

Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,027,012 times
I rescued a dog from a veterinarian who was keeping her in a small cage and using her as a blood donor. She was the saddest sight I ever saw when I first saw her. I'd never seen this breed of dog before but found out after taking her that she was a thoroughbred and a "national treasure" of Japan. This beautiful, shy, regal dog never recovered emotionally (I got her at age 7) but I stuck with her for life. She had to be put down at age 15 due to vestibular syndrome possibly caused by those years in a cage with no exercise. Everyone who saw her on our walks marveled at her beauty. If I could get my hands on that vet (don't know who it is) I'd do something I cannot say on this forum.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,313,057 times
Every vet practice I've been in has a resident blood donor who is the beloved and pampered "office dog". To actually keep a dog in a cage just to be a blood donor is beyond cruel.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:10 PM

857 posts, read 2,223,270 times
I had no idea a dog could be used as a blood donor! Awful.

This Vet Tech should be prosecuted.It was proven the Vet LIED and had owned that practice for the last 5 years.

I can only think he didn't fire the ABUSIVE Vet Tech because she has too much on him and he is an abuser himself.
As said he is a proven liar.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 PM

501 posts, read 804,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Every vet practice I've been in has a resident blood donor who is the beloved and pampered "office dog". To actually keep a dog in a cage just to be a blood donor is beyond cruel.
Do you plan to report it? Have you said anything to them?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 AM

807 posts, read 1,358,679 times
Torture her by starving her ass. Looks like she likes food.

I will never leave my dog at a vet or kennel. I already told my brother that if he wants me to come see him he will have to have a place for my dog.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 PM

857 posts, read 2,223,270 times
I don't know how to post sites but I wish someone would post this on the Florida Orlando area of City Data.
This needs to be known by the people who live in that area.

This Vet and Tech are still treating innocent dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs