Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 12:21 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
Sorry that pic is so big! Trying to figure out the photobucket...I've never used it before.
First of all, welcome! It's a great gang of people here.

Secondly, the photo isn't too big. It's perfect.

And last but not least, HI LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a handsome boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 12:37 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Lucas is beautiful! Keep on smiling, and thank you for providing him with a good home and love!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 12:50 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,759,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinamaness View Post
my bichon named jinx who was 14 years old went to have two teeth removed by vet this past tues. I told the vet assistant that the pain medication they had given me to dispense to jinx was making her pant heavy and I wanted them to please make note of this and not to give her any more. I myself had stopped giving to her. when i returned to pick her up she seemed out of it but they assured me she was in great condition. I brought my baby home and she died four hours later panting in my arms with her heart racing the pain medication is called Rimadyl and when i looked it up on internet it has killed many pets and fda trying to pull off shelves. I am heart broken my fiance too. It was our child she was 14 years of our life. I and my finace have both been layed off due to economy and did not need this too. I have looked at the price of bichons on internet and there is no way can afford a 1200 dog we have to make mortgage too. I am telling anyone with pets DO NOT give this medication ever to your dog. It causes liver damage, seizures, heart failure ultimately death. I got my bichon as a rescue dog 14 years ago and paid 40 dollars for her. If anyone knows of a bichon that needs a family and is young please contact me they are great dogs for your heart they share love.
I am sorry to hear of your loss Hopefully, you will find another bichon to honor your loss and help you through this difficult time.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:27 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfs View Post
This is my Daughters dog "Buster" he is so spoilt, and very smart.
What a cutie-pie...he certainly deserves to be spoilt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
Hi all! Glad to be a new member on here. I hope to be able to give advice and also just listen to other people who need to be heard. Here's a picture of my boy Lucas. He's about 5 yrs old and I adopted him from a doberman rescue. He's one of the reasons I smile every day!!
A question for the ages, can a picture of a beloved puppers - or any pet - ever really be too big? I think not! He's a handsome boy ~

Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,732 times
Hi All, My Name is Duffy and I always look Sleepy

And my name is Midnite and since I am always looking or begging for some scraps whatever there might be I guess I got lucky here in the kitchen today........mmmmm lick those lips

Last but certaintly not least they call me Pew Pew, because that is all I do all day "Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew"

Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM

445 posts, read 1,448,231 times
This is Louie, the bootleg Bulldog (we call him that because even though he's got papers, he's very large and leggy for an EB and not as wrinkly as most):

Old 11-17-2009, 06:26 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillife View Post
This is Louie, the bootleg Bulldog (we call him that because even though he's got papers, he's very large and leggy for an EB and not as wrinkly as most):
What an expressive face! Love it! I think he is just perfect!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 11-17-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillife View Post
I love Louie! What a handsome boy! Most well-bred Bulldogs do not have many wrinkles. BYB breed their dogs for looks, instead of health and temperament, and those Bulldogs always have tons of wrinkles and those cork screw tails. Mine has one wrinkle and a tail that's not corkscrew and we've never had issues like others do, since he was bred for health and temperament and we really lucked out with both. Your dog looks like the perfect Bulldog!

Now I know you have more pictures! You should post them because I love Bulldogs!!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM

445 posts, read 1,448,231 times
Thanks, MAK802! Here's one more of Louie:

He's very proud of himself right now. Today is my day home with him and when we were in the backyard just now he found my husband's Leatherman mini-toolkit thing which was lost a couple of weeks ago. I praised him effusively (which he loved, of course) despite the fact that he's the primary suspect in its disappearance.

WRT his appearance, there is an American Bulldog in our neighborhood who looks a lot like Louie - same brindle and white markings,same long legs. Main diff is that Louie has the corkscrew tail and the AB doesn't. I hope that Louie's breeding, whatever it is, makes him healthier than the average bullie. His long legs certainly make it easier for him to navigate our 3-storey house (which is good) and jump up on furniture (not so good).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs