Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times

Advertisements

They're so cute together! Chi and some kind of small terrier. The fur looks kind of wiry, is it? Start a what's my new dog thread and I bet you'll get a lot of answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 PM

431 posts, read 929,266 times
My Dog Deputy

Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,073,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Side_TX View Post
My Dog Deputy

Great photos!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Side_TX View Post
My Dog Deputy

How cute!!!!!

He might not realize it yet, but I'm pretty sure that Deputy wants to give me a kiss on the lips. What I'm positively SURE about is that I want to give Deputy a kiss on his lips.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM

I decided to water some droopy plants and Abby came over to help herself to a drink from the sprinkler...

Old 07-17-2012, 12:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
My two goobers:

WhoDat - three years old, and some sort of mixture between hound and cur. He was found on the banks of the Sabine River, in the ice and snow, the only survivor of a litter (the rest were dead and the mom nowhere in sight). He was only about three weeks old when we got him. What a spoiled brat he is now! And now he weighs 65 pounds!

Here is Josie - she is also three years old and a rescued dog. Someone dumped her at the end of our road. She is a pit bull/black Lab mix and the most mild mannered, loving dog you could ever imagine!

When they were both babies...AWWWWwwwwwwww!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My two goobers:

WhoDat - three years old, and some sort of mixture between hound and cur. He was found on the banks of the Sabine River, in the ice and snow, the only survivor of a litter (the rest were dead and the mom nowhere in sight). He was only about three weeks old when we got him. What a spoiled brat he is now! And now he weighs 65 pounds!

Here is Josie - she is also three years old and a rescued dog. Someone dumped her at the end of our road. She is a pit bull/black Lab mix and the most mild mannered, loving dog you could ever imagine!

They are gorgeous!!! WhoDat just captured my heart with his smile in the second picture.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
My two goobers:

Bless you for taking in rescues! They're both happy and content, thanks to you!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
Bless you for taking in rescues! They're both happy and content, thanks to you!
I notice that you live in VA Beach. That's a beautiful part of the country. I lived in Newport News and in Norfolk when I was a kid, and my daughter lives there now. I love visiting her!

My husband and I live in East Texas, with our two dogs and our insane cat. Our kids are grown and scattered. I love Texas but Virginia is still my favorite state.

Thanks for the nice comment about my dogs. They are spoiled rotten, but you know what - no one shows appreciation quite as much as a dog. I can't imagine not having their love and loyalty in my life. I don't know how people live without the love of a dog!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I notice that you live in VA Beach. That's a beautiful part of the country. I lived in Newport News and in Norfolk when I was a kid, and my daughter lives there now. I love visiting her!

My husband and I live in East Texas, with our two dogs and our insane cat. Our kids are grown and scattered. I love Texas but Virginia is still my favorite state.
Wanna trade? Virginia is nice, I love the seasons, but it's just not home.

Thanks for the nice comment about my dogs. They are spoiled rotten, but you know what - no one shows appreciation quite as much as a dog. I can't imagine not having their love and loyalty in my life. I don't know how people live without the love of a dog!
It is heart-warming beyond words when one of our dogs comes up and 'holds hands' with us, or rests their head on a leg or a knee or arm and just looks up at us. Sometimes they can say more with their eyes and actions than humans can with words. Our yellow lab, Abby, is a rescue too. People have told us that she's lucky we found her... no,no,no...we're the lucky ones. We are so fortunate that she found us and came into our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs